Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 01:05 PM CST
Lots of questions and concerns are coming through for this service. So here goes. The service is to make any armor into the top tier armor. You're not bumping it by one. After your armor is tiered out, the gear points are still in place. So you might lock yourself out of an Alter Scroll. I'm not talking about at CCF. I'm talking about the aftermath.

Since not everyone has a use for this. I'm going to say you can choose any one of the three in it's place. Platinum, you'll get that option we also talked about there. So don't fret.

You can pick Voln Armor, Entanglement flares (bolas and nets only), or Greater Elemental flares (I will update these to work with runestaves before the festival). The other two options may not be on par with Voln Armor in your eyes. But I'm giving options. Because I care.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 02:07 PM CST
Because of how much you've paid attention to everyone, you have got me drooling over getting Voln on my armor. Thank you Wyrom, and everyone else working on this, for caring.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 02:08 PM CST
Nice Wyrom. Are you trying to win an award for Most Thoughtful GM this month?
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 04:10 PM CST
Unlikely as it is, I have to ask. If veil iron and presumably krodera are being allowed to take an enchant here, what about kroderine?
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 04:42 PM CST
Really awesome work, it's clear all the GMs are listening to the players here and are more than willing to give a few inches. =)

I do have a question though. During RTCF we asked numerous times about whether the point system used during the festival was going to also be used outside of it (specifically for premium point perks) and were told no. Now it seems that's changed. Is there a specific reason for this? I mean we're looking at almost seven years of premium service to put +10 padding on 10x T4 Voln armor. I don't personally see that as OP but you guys see stuff we don't so I'm curious.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 04:44 PM CST
Gear points are something we use, everywhere.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 04:53 PM CST
>>what about kroderine?<<

From whats been documented, Kroderine can be enchanted, but the metal will slowly absorb the magic and revert back to its original enchant.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 06:02 PM CST
<<From whats been documented, Kroderine can be enchanted, but the metal will slowly absorb the magic and revert back to its original enchant. -Vorks

I am pretty sure it can be enchanted. Website documents on metal properties aren't very up-to-date.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 06:05 PM CST
Kroderine isn't enchantable. It is always +22.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 06:16 PM CST
<< You can pick Voln Armor, Entanglement flares (bolas and nets only), or Greater Elemental flares (I will update these to work with runestaves before the festival). The other two options may not be on par with Voln Armor in your eyes. But I'm giving options. Because I care. >> --Wyrom

Are Greater Elemental flares a Category D property (everything else), as defined in Finros' recent classification? Asked another way, can a person have a Category B flare (fire, mana, acuity, grapple, unbalance, etc.) and a Greater Elemental flare on the same runestaff?

From Finros' post:
<< Category D: Only ONE may be present
<< - Everything not mentioned above (yes, seriously). This includes everything from the weapons that hiss when you wave them (and do nothing else), to the properties of Sorrow. >>
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 06:21 PM CST

I think greater flares are just supped up flares. I know for a fact you can't have a weapon with greater flares also have weighting. So that would be a no right there.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 07:10 PM CST
Greater elemental flares should be double flaring weapons like some of the items that have come from DM, etc, unless Wyrom or someone else has a correction.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 10:38 PM CST
>>Gear points are something we use, everywhere.

Somewhere along the lines this apparently changed. I'd been saving up to pad my T4 voln armor! I received this answer when asking specifically about padding T4 voln, point-capped armor post-RTCF.

>>As far as I am aware, Premium Points is entirely agnostic towards the item property points formula used to calculate eligibility for Voln Armor. Meaning that you should be able to improve your armor through the Premium Points system even it's 'capped out' as far as that particular service goes. There would be a surcharge in place, however, as it is a combat script.

I'd just like a confirmation that what you're saying now is, in fact, the final word on it so I can stop with the saving. =)
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 11:16 PM CST
You completely misinterpreted his post.

Gear points will prevent you from getting upgrades at merchant festivals all over the place. Gear points will not prevent you from using Premium points to pad or enchant it.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/08/2014 11:26 PM CST
>Are Greater Elemental flares a Category D property (everything else), as defined in Finros' recent classification?

To be clear, the terminology I used in that post is not something that any other staff member would recognize without going back to read it themselves. Internally, we don't really need explicit names because we can see exactly what's happening, technically. I just needed something generic to categorize matters for the benefit of player understanding.

In any case, I don't actually know offhand what a "Greater Elemental Flare" is, but if it isn't one of the standard flares that I enumerated, it has to be a script (category D) by definition. I probably should have mentioned in that post that all flares in that particular category have the same potency; a flare of different potency isn't possible there.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 12:11 AM CST
>>You completely misinterpreted his post.

>>Me: I do have a question though. During RTCF we asked numerous times about whether the point system used during the festival was going to also be used outside of it (specifically for premium point perks) and were told no. Now it seems that's changed. Is there a specific reason for this? I mean we're looking at almost seven years of premium service to put +10 padding on 10x T4 Voln armor. I don't personally see that as OP but you guys see stuff we don't so I'm curious.

>>Him: Gear points are something we use, everywhere.

Given that my question specifically said premium points I'm fairly sure I didn't completely misinterpret the post. Perhaps you completely didn't read my question?
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 04:14 PM CDT
<< I probably should have mentioned in that post that all flares in that particular category have the same potency; a flare of different potency isn't possible there. >>

What about acuity and mana flares? They have varying potency.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 04:34 PM CDT

BHTM,

Jhynnifer is not misinterpreting it, but you are answering the question she wants answered. She wants to know if you have a set of 70/70 points allowed 10x voln t4 brig *which IS 70 points, by math, I am assuming*, if you can PP pad it to HCP for an end result of 10x HCP Voln T4 brig. Her quote reflected a very nice GM who explained that no, PP's do not utilize the gear points to effect a yes/no decision from whoever reads the scroll and says the item can/can't be worked on. And thus she can HCP her 10x Voln T4 brig and be happy.

She wants to hear that it yes, can be PP padded after she voln T4's it. From a GM. A clear cut and direct answer so there's no misinterpretation. Hopefully Reidyn can respond to her so this can get cleared up. I, as well, was under the impression I could HCP my 10x T4 voln armor. This will be a grand disappointment if the rules suddenly changed, and we'd like an explanation as to what's what, and if something changed, why? That's all =)

Thank you for all your hard work, Wyrom, Reidyn, and everyone else taking part in this event! I won't be getting sleep for 3 days!
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 05:23 PM CDT

>I won't be getting sleep for 3 days!

I noticed the GMs stuck to a very regular schedule during RtCF last year. Yes they were long days, but they were typically over by midnight eastern.

I recommend sleeping.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 05:43 PM CDT
>What about acuity and mana flares? They have varying potency.

Ha! A fair point. I should have said "damage-dealing flares" in that context. I was mentally glossing over the non-damage dealing ones (dispel, mana, acuity), which can have different potencies.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 05:55 PM CDT

All this talk of Potency of damage flares reminds me of Stovel ones. I don't remember, but I don't think those were script based. Greater flares are almost never used really. And I am sure the Stovel code isn't dusted off much. Maybe there are a few Type B items ya missed?
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 06:17 PM CDT
Obviously, I can't be 100% sure, but I deem it unlikely. Any script (category D) can override any other category trivially, of course, as I listed in my caveats. I don't know offhand what Stovel flares are -- I remember the merchant and the claim, of course, but I don't know how they may have been technically constructed -- but if they aren't standard flares, they're probably a script. Otherwise, this discussion is getting a bit far afield, and the original Weapons and Armor folder would be a better place to continue any discussions about my categorization method.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 06:31 PM CDT
Originally stovel's acid flares were higher damage than standard flares. They have since been scaled back to be the same as any other acid flares. Same for any other stovel's flares. Stovel's doesn't mean anything anymore.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 09:47 PM CDT

Someone posted this gem and titled it "The Charts of Clarity". Check it out!

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/The_Charts_of_Clarity
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 09:54 PM CDT

Charts of Clarity were out long before Finros' post. Nice to have an official word, though.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 10:24 PM CDT

>>Ha! A fair point. I should have said "damage-dealing flares" in that context. I was mentally glossing over the non-damage dealing ones (dispel, mana, acuity), which can have different potencies.<<

Total side-bar, but it's been implied over the years that "regular" flares can have varying levels of potency that are not able to be measured by players.

-E
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/09/2014 10:30 PM CDT
I thought the variable was in the chance to flare, not in the damage done?

-- Robert
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 08:29 AM CDT
Morning guys!

Wondering if we could get a response on the Voln Armor thing Jhynnifer brought up and a couple of us responded about! Please and thank you!

Also, will there be an announcement/post/in-game callout letting us know whether any tickets will or will not be going up for sale? Just saying, hawking the box office makes me wish for a mini-game on the Play.Net website =P. Any insight on how this will happen, perhaps? I know more people than just me are curious about what's going on. Thanks again guys for all your hard work!
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 09:40 AM CDT
I probably missed the question.

There don't appear to be any cancellations for tickets at this time, or it would have become visible.

I will try to have the schedule posted today.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 12:10 PM CDT
>>I probably missed the question.

We're just looking for verification that, regardless of the gear point system, we can use PP to pad armor. The example was that I have 10x T4 voln armor. It currently is 70/70 points according to the gear system. Can it still be padded via the PP system? The original answer back during RTCF was "yes" but your earlier response was no, the gear point system is used everywhere. Just looking for clarification on this so we can plan accordingly. =)
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 12:20 PM CDT
Once you modify the greater elemental flares for runestaves, will you show us an example of what that would look like? Will it have the raise and the eye changing thing like the droughtman ones did? Just curious
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 01:25 PM CDT
>>We're just looking for verification that, regardless of the gear point system, we can use PP to pad armor. The example was that I have 10x T4 voln armor. It currently is 70/70 points according to the gear system. Can it still be padded via the PP system? The original answer back during RTCF was "yes" but your earlier response was no, the gear point system is used everywhere. Just looking for clarification on this so we can plan accordingly. =)

The armor would be locked out of festivals and events for the most part. There always can be special cases.

As for alteration scrolls, you should be able to pad them, but Voln armor carries quite a few surcharges due to the mechanical nature of the script.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 01:26 PM CDT
>>Once you modify the greater elemental flares for runestaves, will you show us an example of what that would look like? Will it have the raise and the eye changing thing like the droughtman ones did? Just curious

Yeah, in the Items and Inventory section.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/10/2014 01:39 PM CDT
Thank you for clarifying!
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/21/2014 12:05 PM CDT
<< >>Once you modify the greater elemental flares for runestaves, will you show us an example of what that would look like? Will it have the raise and the eye changing thing like the droughtman ones did? Just curious

<< Yeah, in the Items and Inventory section. >> --From post 4867

I'm still not clear on what greater elemental flares are. Do they produce a higher crit than normal elemental flares? Or do they flare more often? Or flare twice? Perhaps they produce an area effect?
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/21/2014 12:38 PM CDT

If we won a Voln armor slot, would we be restricted to moving up one tier of Voln armor or could we add two tiers? For example go from Tier 2 Tier 4.
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/21/2014 12:41 PM CDT
It's tier 4 Voln Armor, regardless.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Voln Armor and Additions 03/21/2014 01:32 PM CDT

Thanks! I got confused by the CCF total wiki charts.