BSC runs 01/23/2015 04:06 AM CST

Just curious if there are going to be anymore BSC runs or if they're finished for the moment?

Thanks!
Re: BSC runs 01/23/2015 04:34 AM CST
You can setup your own - email quests@simutronics.com
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 03:14 PM CST
This quest is currently closed.

~Vanah
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 03:59 PM CST

But...but, is it coming back? I only managed to run it 3x in this incarnation I think. Wasn't it intended to be created as an automated quest to require very little GM supervision and therefore be allowed to run whenever someone wanted?
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 04:06 PM CST
Maybe down the road. Right now, it's on hiatus while we all (and especially Vanah) recharge.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 05:57 PM CST
<Wasn't it intended to be created as an automated quest to require very little GM supervision and therefore be allowed to run whenever someone wanted?>

Yes but she posted somewhere awhile back (maybe this folder too lazy to check) that it was going to be updated or modified again, I think.

I'm betting on the new scrip type system for prize selection and maybe more combat?
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 06:21 PM CST
>I'm betting on the new scrip type system for prize selection and maybe more combat?

Could definitely use the combat returned to it, that part made it much more interesting in the first iteration of the Return to Black Swan Castle quest. Maybe we can see a return of those awesome top tier prizes from that release as well?

The main ones I'd enjoy seeing come back are the HCP fusion armors, the self-use chrism holder, the forehead gem, and the magical rings (hopefully we could see the whole cycle of fire, ice, lightning, and water).
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 06:30 PM CST
It was dropped because of mixed groups and people being owned by capped trolls.

It is obviously puzzle orientated so I guess they didn't expect that but at same time feels odd for a castle infested with trolls to be so empty, other than 1 guard and messaging so I hope to see some trolls added upon its return for a danger element.

Minor criticism, I love Vanah's quest releases and looking forward to the next one.
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 06:57 PM CST
Weren't the capped trolls a bug though? Maybe something like Troubled Waters where the trolls spawn based on character levels of those there?
Re: BSC runs 01/24/2015 08:27 PM CST
I don't know if it was a bug but some people were capped and it did spawn to them like TW, Academy, bandits, Grim.

I think they died though and the capped ones killed the groups.
Re: BSC runs 01/27/2015 06:52 AM CST
Combat in quest apparently has to be Disneyfied so everyone can win and very few people die, and if they do, then there's no lasting consequences. The same trolls that went over well for invasions were widely bashed when used in the quest. Combat won't be back in BSQ.

The quest is closed to adjust it based on the quest poll that was run last year. However, if you want to run the quest in its current state for the prizes currently available (you can see the prizes in the tent at any time, make sure to note the 4x RPA orb was removed and will not be returned). You can contact the office to set that up. Before we make the switch to the new prizes and new prize structure, there will be an announcement and the switch will be made after any scheduled runs have been completed. If the price or prizes change and you wish you had waited, you will not be reimbursed and you will not be able to switch out prizes. If you want to run the quest as it is currently, you run the quest as it is currently.

If you try to run this with a very low-leveled, low-trained character, you may have a more difficult time and take longer, but the quest is do-able. You may need to attempt things multiple times or need to do things the long way instead of taking shortcuts. You may need to use scrolls or imbeddibles. But the quest is completable by anyone solo.

~Vanah
Re: BSC runs 01/27/2015 08:18 AM CST
>>Combat in quest apparently has to be Disneyfied

:(

Doug
Re: BSC runs 01/27/2015 03:11 PM CST

Thanks Vanah. I think I'll see about taking a mid-high level character to go re-explore, thanks for the disclaimers.