Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/20/2017 08:55 PM CDT

You asked what our preferred method of contact for RP events is...by thought net do you mean LNET? I don't know anyone who uses crystal amulets anymore.

That would be the place to be seen by everyone who roleplays if you would like involvement. Of course I would like to be involved, now that I know where it is happening I will watch twitter!

NEVER NOT POST
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/20/2017 09:58 PM CDT
A few people still do use the amulets for in-character communication. Mostly concentrated around the Landing. There will be more using it during storyline events. There is 15-35% of GS players at any given time who do not use Lich and are not on any LNet channel.

I think Newsby is the only one who posts on Twitter during storyline events. But you're welcome to follow her!

@GemStoneIVNews

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/20/2017 10:01 PM CDT

>I think Newsby is the only one who posts on Twitter during storyline events.

GMs use the GS Twitter feed to announce when Plat events are starting
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/20/2017 10:49 PM CDT

I'd start using Twitter if KST was announced there. It would be a huge difference. It's hard to justify staying online every night past midnight just in case, but a Twitter message 10 to 15 before the event, during my shutting down/settling for the evening window, I could log back in.
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 12:22 AM CDT

There are still a core group of us that fell lnet is completely ooc and should stay that way. Amulet network is still in use and should be where all IC stuff be at in my opinion.
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 12:53 AM CDT
Most of the heavy story participants, myself included, actually do use the amunet when it's right around KST. One quick way to figure out if KST is on the horizon (or currently happening) is just by typing LOOK UP while outside and seeing if the sky is stormy, then asking on the amunet if anything's going on.
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 01:34 AM CDT
I will be more diligent about getting Newsby to send a #RightNow tweet at the first sign or report of bad weather or other signs, too. I think I have been slacking about that early notice on Twitter.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 06:11 AM CDT
Not a fan of Lnet. Don't use Lich. I always have an amulet on at all times on all chars.

With it now being global it is the perfect in-game in-character communication system to use over long distances.

That would be my preferred method. Second would be global or local game messaging.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 02:54 PM CDT
I'm with Pup, and others, on this subject. Long time player who considers LNet to be OOC. Never have used it and probably never will. My guys usually are tuned into the amunet for IG info.

~ EC
Re: Kenstrom: How to contact people 06/21/2017 03:02 PM CDT
I'm of the opinion that lnet is an outstanding resource for getting OOC information out there -- such as, 'hey, it looks like an event is going on,' or 'this just happened in this area of the game if your character is interested in this topic'. But I also vastly prefer that IC information be kept in the game itself, since there are so many different methods of communicating, even over the global ESP network and entire game distances.

So, yeah, all for using lnet to get players on board, but leave the IC communication to IG mechanics.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.