Trollfear mushrooms 09/30/2015 11:10 AM CDT
1) Are foraged mushrooms (trollfear mushrooms in particular) edible?
2) If not, can they be made edible? I would be willing to deal with consequences for eating them.

This is a serious post.

Thinking of making a Vaikalimara, and my mind is blown with the RP possibilities that the history doc opens up.

-Joanna
Re: Trollfear mushrooms 09/30/2015 11:19 AM CDT
They are edible. Actually, all foraged 'mushrooms' are edible in game and tend to have a few bites each. Be careful, because some mushrooms (and other forageable items) are poisonous. I believe that trollfear may be among those that will adversely affect your health.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Trollfear mushrooms 09/30/2015 11:28 AM CDT
Thank you! This makes me excited beyond words (and likely to be dead in game from time to time) ;)
Re: Trollfear mushrooms 09/30/2015 11:40 AM CDT
From my old UFS (which at this point is woefully out of date, with most info compiled over a decade ago), the following mushrooms are all types that can be foraged and are likewise edible:
Black hook, black trafel, flathead, genkew, red trafel, red vornalite, spotted heart, striped heart, white hook, and withered black

In addition, poisonous mushrooms that can be foraged (and eaten) are blue trafel, daggerstalk, soft white, and trollfear. The blue trafel and soft white mushrooms only poison at 5per/dissipating 1per per bite, while daggerstalk and trollfear poison at 10per/dissipating 1per per bite.

Mushrooms apparently all have 3 bites each, and can't be bundled. If you're looking for trollfear specifically, they are reeeeeally common and grow in many climate (confirmed: hot damp, humid, most, temperate) and most terrain (confirmed: coniferous forest, cultivated, deciduous forest, grassland, hilly, muddy wetlands) types.

Happy foraging!

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Trollfear mushrooms 10/01/2015 02:31 AM CDT
My sorcerer is kind of obsessed with poisoning himself and others.

Here's some information on things which can be foraged, which aren't herbs, but may have some effect. As well as a large list of fungi. Don't consider it complete. It's also mostly a re-cap of what was already posted overall.

tkaro rootsilence thought networks
wyrmwood barkpoison
spearmintfresh breath
mistletoemay be poisonous
blue trafel mushroompoison
daggerstalk mushroompoison
soft white mushroompoison
trollfear mushroompoison
giant glowing toadstool
large black toadstool

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p