Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/28/2015 01:43 PM CDT
Given the amount of verbs out there I find it easy to forget the specialized verbs for RACE, PROFESSION and CITIZENSHIP. It would also be handy to have a VERB HELP DANCEFLOOR and VERB HELP SKATE as well.

I love having the ability to bring my characters to life and think these help hints could make that easier (in my case especially in the dancing department).

I have one character of nearly every race, but for the life of me I don't know what some of their verb specific messaging is.
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/28/2015 03:54 PM CDT
Yes. Yes to all of this.
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/28/2015 04:42 PM CDT
Yes Please!

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/30/2015 07:37 AM CDT
The wiki has quite a few of these, but I agree that having them available by in game help would be an improvement. (I'm not sure about the coverage of citizen verbs, those by and large seem OOC to me and I mostly ignore them, but for profession and race specifics I do use the wiki).
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/30/2015 08:47 AM CDT

But even on the wiki are they listed in a way that's easily searchable? Unless you know what the verbs are you have to scroll to find them I thought.

And not all citizenship verbs are OOC. I personally love the River's Rest set, but that may be because its the only set I really know.

Anyone know what the specific Icemule set is?
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/30/2015 04:46 PM CDT
My answer to this unfortunately hasn't changed since the last time you asked.

~Vanah
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 12:10 PM CDT
>My answer to this unfortunately hasn't changed since the last time you asked.

Interpreting scripture is always a challenge when god changes her mind. Sigh.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 12:14 PM CDT
>And not all citizenship verbs are OOC. I personally love the River's Rest set, but that may be because its the only set I really know.

Oy! Okay I have one serious beef with the RR ones.

GLANCE gets changed to a citizen verb. So now we should use HANDS to check what we are carrying.

HANDS cannot be used in hard RT, though GLANCE (without RR specific) is okay. So I resort to the screen scroll of INVENT to check if I need to.

And I know I know many FEs display that, but at present the version of the FE I use doesn't. I heard it might be improved so I could check and perhaps upgrade or, god forbid read the open source code of the FE I use and do it myself. Anyway, the HANDS verb not working in hard RT seems like a simple mistake. Unless it has some weird usage I've missed.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 12:52 PM CDT
A change to HANDS to allow it to be used during RT certainly makes sense to me. Does it have some functionality GLANCE does not?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 03:32 PM CDT
"Interpreting scripture is always a challenge when god changes her mind. Sigh." -- Daid

Okay, and clearly this here is why we need an equivalent of the Calvinist movement. So that the Presbytery can keep a sharp eye on God, make certain s/he doesn't get out of line....
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 03:42 PM CDT
>But even on the wiki are they listed in a way that's easily searchable?

If I want to know what a half elf can do, I look at the half elf article. I'm not sure how up to date those are, but races normally have a section on race specific verbs in them.
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 05:15 PM CDT
>If I want to know what a half elf can do, I look at the half elf article. I'm not sure how up to date those are, but races normally have a section on race specific verbs in them.

This is what I do as well, but it can be a very slow method. By the time you look up the verb, the moment has past.

>But even on the wiki are they listed in a way that's easily searchable?

I am not a computer savvy person, I'm not even sure I could add anything to the wiki. Is there a smart soul out there that would consider creating a page that listed all the 'special' verbs. Wexna used to have a section like this on her verb site and it was wonderful. It listed them by race, profession, dance, mud pool (I am sure I am missing some), but town could be added as well. Any other special groups of verbs out there?

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Verb Requests VERB HELP <race>, VERB HELP <PROFESSION>, VERB HELP CITIZENSHIP <town> 03/31/2015 06:00 PM CDT
>>GLANCE gets changed to a citizen verb.

Actually, that doesn't show up in the verb help for GLANCE. Swing by the wiki and update it?

>>Is there a smart soul out there that would consider creating a page that listed all the 'special' verbs.

Possibly. Does anyone have access to the material? At the present moment, the search feature isn't well tuned to looking up something within a page, only across the entire site. As a result, extensions like gswiki.lic return results that may (or may not) pertain, so it is of limited utility.

Once again, users of LICH have the advantage, with rpverbs.lic, which can search on the verb, the profession, the race, the output information, etc. Example

>;rpverbs half-elf
FIDGET ANNOYED {target}
Condition: HALF-ELF
Output: Half-Elf fidgets and glances at {target}, an annoyed look on her face.
FIDGET ANNOYED
Output: Half-Elf fidgets agitatedly, an annoyed look on her face.
FIDGET ANXIOUSLY {target}
Output: Half-Elf fidgets anxiously, glancing at {target} with a troubled look on her face.
FIDGET ANXIOUSLY
Output: Half-Elf fidgets anxiously, a troubled look on her face.
FIDGET CONCERNED {target}
Output: Half-Elf fidgets uneasily, glancing at {target} with a concerned look on her face.
FIDGET CONCERNED
Output: Half-Elf fidgets uneasily, a concerned look on her face.
FIDGET EXCITED {target}
Output: Half-Elf fidgets excitedly, rubbing her hands together at {target}.
FIDGET EXCITED
Output: Half-Elf fidgets excitedly, rubbing her hands together.
FIDGET NERVOUSLY {target}
Output: Half-Elf fidgets nervously, glancing apprehensively at {target}.
FIDGET NERVOUSLY
Output: Half-Elf fidgets nervously, beads of sweat forming on her brow.
SWEAR {person} THORN
Output: Half-elf swears in a fluid mixture of common and elven at {person}.
SWEAR THORN
Output: Half-elf swears in a fluid mixture of common and elven that would make a spike-thorn take pause.

No guarantees it is accurate, as with any player generated information - but it is something that no other venue provides presently.

Doug