A chance to show off those RP skills (gingerbread design contest) 12/15/2012 11:12 PM CST
So you think You can decorate?!?

When: Mon, December 17, 9:30pm – 10:30pm
Where: Beacon Hall Archives' Solstice Tent, Wehnimer's Landing

Are you a Diva of design? Queen of the kitchen? Lord of the lunch? Have we got an event that will let your creativity shine!

Beacon Hall Archives invites you to participate in a gingerbread building contest. The entry should display a building or edifice of some sort of historical importance and should, of course, be completely edible. Participants are invited to come display their gingerbread creations in Beacon's Solstice tent on the evening of Volnes, the 17th day of Eorgaen, in the year 5112 (Monday, December 17th, 2012).

>(Note: This is a contest for the best decorated building, not a contest where we will watch you build it. It's a chance to show off your design skills. However, participants should find ACT and SMILE useful when displaying their creations. )

Please be prepared to identify your building and its historical importance. Entries will be judged on overall appearance, originality/cre​ativity, and detail. Judging will begin around 9:30 PM according to the elven clock.

An example:
>(The first presentation whould be a short or long description.)

Jersea carries a tray holding her gingerbread lighthouse with melted sugar wondow panes to the front of the room.

>(The identification of some sort of historical importance associated with the piece. It might even be personal, such as the first location you killed a rat.)

Jersea says, "This is my recreation of the Beacon Hall Archives’ lighthouse in River’s Rest. It is a repositiory for many historical artifacts. Members of Beacon Hall strive to help preserve the history of these lands, with a special emphasis on River's Rest."

>(Now it's time for some "shows"! This might be a front and back view. Or side views. Or even a top view. At least two, please. Take us for a "walk" around your building.)

Jersea smiles and sets her creation down on the table provided. "As you can see," she says, "I have glazed a red sanding sugar to the gingerbread to simulate the red sandstone bricks of the building. Of course, my mortar is white icing." Pointing, she continues, "I have used red and black licorice for trimming the balastrudes and terrace. Poppy seed topped cookies cover the roof and I used melted sugar panels for the atrium over here," she points, "and of course the panes at the top of the tower."

Jersea says, " When you first approach the house there is a large courtyard with an ancient fig tree and an emerald fountain. I have used a tinted coconut for the grassy courtyard and I have used a white chocolate that was been tinted a deep green and then molded it to resemble the dragon fountain. I used a blue tinted sugar syrup for my water. My tree is pretzel sticks held together with hard icing and several shades of green gumdrop bits.

Jersea turns her gingerbread lighthouse carefully around to show off the back.

Jersea says, "My lighthouse sits on a pedestal of solid gingerbread cake trimmed to show the coastline. I could not show an actual cliff several times larger than the lighthouse, so I made the little marzipan longboat and the pretxel rod dock in miniature so it seems like you are looking down on them from a distance. Candy covered chocolate rocks line the cavern and I used tart crumbs for the sand, so if you could please keep any halflings at a distance? Thank you."

>(Lastly, think of one or two suprises to share. Think about things that you might only see if you PEERed closely.)

Jersea smiles and points at the lower towers of the lighthouse tower. "I am praticularly proud of the details in arched bay window of the officer's chamber. If you get a chance, please come peek through the window at the molded chocolate table and my marzipan officers sitting around it holding a meeting.

Jersea says, "Also, it's a little hard to make out, but this little green lump at the end of the pier, is someone fishing. And that tawny lump next to it is her cougar, waiting for his snack."

>Hopefully this inspires, not scares off! Best of luck contestants!

>(I know I'm taking a chance postign this here, but at least I know the kind of folk reading this folder are interested in various aspects of RP!)