Swap 517 and 917 07/27/2018 11:49 PM CDT
I almost never use 517 as MR items aren't in particular demand. I would like to see Earthen Fury get a buff by going into the more offensive spell circle of Major Elemental. It also seems to make more sense to me since this is the circle with Enchant in it. Putting both "utility" spells into our professional circle.

Not sure about other wizards but I will be over training Major Elemental mainly to have the CS to leech at cap since Immolate took such a big hit (with lores) in effectiveness and doesn't seem worthwhile to aim for. I actually don't even really see the point in casting it anymore except on lower level creatures just for laughs.

In conclusion, could this possibly be looked at please. Also please buff fire lore.
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/28/2018 12:00 AM CDT
I don't support this change.

Fire lore needs help though, and that has been acknowledged by Estild on Discord.

I think it would be interesting to see how wizards would choose to train if 519 were returned to it's original power. With the other lore changes, I personally still wouldn't do fire because the other options provide better utility for me.

512 shatter, 2x 950... You would have to sacrifice so many good upgrades to make 519 work.
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/28/2018 12:16 AM CDT
Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't support it? Perhaps there is a benefit that I overlooked.
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/28/2018 12:43 AM CDT
>Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't support it? Perhaps there is a benefit that I overlooked.

Having 917 where it's at provides greater diversity to our class. I understand why you would want 917/517 swapped. All of the "power" would be consolidated to one circle, that would make us just like the other pures. But having to decide between overtraining 500's for 516 or 900's for 917 means that fewer wizards fall into the same cookie cutter training that the other pures suffer from.

Diversity at the cost of power is probably not considered a benefit to a lot of people, but I like it in some ways. It means that when?/if? our other lackluster spells get replaced (like 514/914/915) we have more options, and harder decisions to make than the other pure classes. I love being wizard because there are so many different ways I could train. If I get bored with what I'm doing now, I can choose to go down an entirely different path. The other pures don't get that, they max their profession circle for max CS and then what?
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/28/2018 06:43 AM CDT
>> I almost never use 517 as MR items aren't in particular demand.

There is a huge and on-going demand for charged small statues and charged heavy quartz orbs. People are also asking where to get these on LNet regularly. Each time DR comes around this is even more true.

>> I would like to see Earthen Fury get a buff by going into the more offensive spell circle of Major Elemental. It also seems to make more sense to me since this is the circle with Enchant in it. Putting both "utility" spells into our professional circle.

>> Not sure about other wizards but I will be over training Major Elemental mainly to have the CS to leech at cap since Immolate took such a big hit (with lores) in effectiveness and doesn't seem worthwhile to aim for. I actually don't even really see the point in casting it anymore except on lower level creatures just for laughs.

Personally I have trained 113 MjE, 77 MnE, 113 Wizard. Earthen Fury is amazingly effective at this level and pairs nicely with Call Wind as a disabler / short term crowd control while you cast Earthen Fury at your targets. :-)

Not sure you need more overtraining in MjE than this for Mana Leech. Occasionally there is something that I'll fail a warding cast on with Mana Leech but its not enough to warrant further training.

>> Also please buff fire lore.

FIXED: Also please fix Elemental lores. :p

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/28/2018 09:57 AM CDT
I'd argue it's actually in the proper spell circle in contradiction to what you stated that Major Elemental is the more offensive spell circle. If you take out disablers/openers, the 500s only have 6 damage spells when used by themselves (Chromatic Circle, Tonis Bolt, Hurl Boulder, Cone of Elements, Immolation, Meteor Swarm). One of them rarely even used. Whereas with the 900s you have 8 current damage spells with all of them being used frequently (Minor Shock, Minor Water, Minor Acid, Minor Fire, Major Cold, Major Fire, Major Shock, Earthern Fury). Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, if you can't tell, I would NOT be for this change either. I like that it's in the 900s as I'll likely be doing a 100/77/126 build to help with enchanting and it will give decent returns on Earthern Fury as well.
Re: Swap 517 and 917 07/30/2018 05:52 PM CDT
>Personally I have trained 113 MjE, 77 MnE, 113 Wizard. Earthen Fury is amazingly effective at this level and pairs nicely with Call Wind as a disabler / short term crowd control while you cast Earthen Fury at your targets. :-)

>Not sure you need more overtraining in MjE than this for Mana Leech. Occasionally there is something that I'll fail a warding cast on with Mana Leech but its not enough to warrant further training.

127 MjE / 75 MnE / 101 Wizard is a good all around build too and is only 13 short of max CS while still having a really strong 912 and 917.

>Also please buff fire lore.

Yes.

>FIXED: Also please fix Elemental lores. :p

Yes.

~ Methais