925 CAST Mana cost 09/29/2017 08:48 PM CDT
Something is definitely off with the mana cost for 925 CAST today.

Earlier in the day it was costing ZERO mana per cast. Now it is costing 80 mana per cast.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

The Power of Bacon:
You accept Kirryk's offer and are now holding a maple and bacon bar.
>
You are now level 24!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/29/2017 08:56 PM CDT
This bug happens to me not infrequently. I'll check to make sure I have enough mana, and then it'll take 80 or so and blow my nerves.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/29/2017 09:18 PM CDT
I assumed someone was doing some work in the background. I am casting 925 LOTS today for some research I am doing. I'll try logging out and back in to see if that addresses the issue...

...and it is still costing me 80 mana per cast. Interestingly, when my wife casts the spell it costs her 30 mana to CAST.

-- Robert

The Power of Bacon:
>
You are now level 24!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/29/2017 10:47 PM CDT
In other news... it is back to costing me ZERO mana per cast again.

-- Robert

The Power of Bacon:
>
You are now level 24!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/29/2017 11:30 PM CDT
I had it costing 50 mana a while back, in checking difficulties and time left. I thought there was a thing where sometimes it cost double that I just never paid attention to, but maybe not? I can find out the last time it happened if it's needed for bug checking, as I asked about it right after.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/30/2017 12:18 AM CDT
It appears that this may be an item or material related bug.

I have an item that costs me 80 mana to CAST 925 on and another that costs me ZERO mana to CAST 925 on. I'll do some additional testing then bug the specific items for review.

I have a lot more 925 to cast to I'll just roll this into the research I am currently doing.

-- Robert

The Power of Bacon:
>
You are now level 24!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/30/2017 09:00 AM CDT
My current theory is that there is a BUG in the 925 CAST code that is triggering off of some property of the item (I am leaning towards item Material). As I grab different items and CAST 925 at them I get variable results (consistent for the item, variable across different items) for how much mana is expended with each cast.

For anyone that wants to test what I am seeing just send me a thought in game (or purchase the like items from the FWI Armorty.

Items purchased from FWI Armory:
- a boar-crested cerulean ora targe - Costs ZERO mana each and every CAST of 925.
- a lion-crested crimson mithril targe - Costs 80 mana each and every CAST of 925.
- a tiger-crested tangerine glaes targe - Costs 10 mana each and every CAST of 925.

Some of my items:
- some pale layered leather hunts ridged with colorful braid lacing (my armor) costs 10 mana each and every CAST of 925.
- an orase runestaff (5x plasma flaring runestave) costs ZERO mana each and every CAST of 925.

I will also cross post this in the enchanting folder where it may get more attention.

-- Robert

The Power of Bacon:
>
You are now level 24!
Re: 925 CAST Mana cost 09/30/2017 11:05 PM CDT
This should now be fixed.

GameMaster Estild