925-Quality of Life feature 05/02/2017 07:12 PM CDT
I discovered a new quality of life feature from the 925 update that i really like (no, I am not being sarcastic)!

>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast chain
You gesture at some etched ora augmented chain.
You sense that the chain is one of your own projects, and it will not be ready to enchant for at least 9 hours. It is on the fifth step of the enchanting process. You recognize the vibrant blue aura surrounding it as indicating a strong level of enchantment.

Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting some etched ora augmented chain.

[If you would like to proceed with this enchantment attempt, prepare and CHANNEL the spell at the ora augmented chain.]

It's pretty awesome to get that level of detail about where the project stands.

I do find it odd that I am being told that the project is not ready and then on the final line I am being told how to proceed. But since item destruction has been completely eliminated (nothing bad happens if you channel 925 at a project that is still tempering) I guess it isn't a huge issue.

-- Robert

You gesture at Dionket.
You hurl a small surge of electricity at Dionket!
Horrid jolt of electricity shatters ribs in a sickening flash of light!
Dionket is stunned!

<< PING! >>
You avert your eyes as Dionket begins to radiate a gregarious glowing green.
Re: 925-Quality of Life feature 05/02/2017 07:22 PM CDT
>It's pretty awesome to get that level of detail about where the project stands.

>I do find it odd that I am being told that the project is not ready and then on the final line I am being told how to proceed. But since item destruction has been completely eliminated (nothing bad happens if you channel 925 at a project that is still tempering) I guess it isn't a huge issue.

The level of accuracy in the time will go down to the seconds, if I recall. Basically once you get to under an hour, it'll tell you the minutes, and under a minute, the seconds...

The final line is there to let you know how to proceed with the enchantment, since some players didn't know they needed to channel it. However, I will caution you from channeling too early! The failure for casting too early, although not a total item destruction anymore, is still there!

~Contemplar~
Re: 925-Quality of Life feature 05/02/2017 09:14 PM CDT
>The level of accuracy in the time will go down to the seconds, if I recall. Basically once you get to under an hour, it'll tell you the minutes, and under a minute, the seconds...

Yes, it will do the seconds. I had a 925 cast check show me that I had 12 seconds....

So I counted out 12 seconds and when I got to 12 I cast at the item again and it told me I had to wait 0 seconds before the item was ready.

-Drumpel
Re: 925-Quality of Life feature 05/02/2017 09:41 PM CDT
Yes, it will do the seconds. I had a 925 cast check show me that I had 12 seconds....

So I counted out 12 seconds and when I got to 12 I cast at the item again and it told me I had to wait 0 seconds before the item was ready.

-Drumpel

Sheesh! You couldn't wait ONE second more?

;-P

~Contemplar~