920 - familiar emotes bug 03/28/2017 09:42 AM CDT
I called up a random familiar for the the final cast of the item I'm working on. The stupid wyrdling is doing a lot of annoying things as it's just standing around so I tell it to SLEEP. Once it is sleeping, I can still give it commands for emotes to do (blink, snicker, bow, grin and so on) even though it's sleeping.

What would you like your earth wyrdling to do?
Available Emotes:
snicker grin squint blink wave bow stare
Type TELL FAMILIAR for a list of common commands.
>tell familiar to sleep
The earth wyrdling curls up on the ground and falls asleep.
>tell familiar to bow
The earth wyrdling bows deeply.
>tell familiar to blink
The earth wyrdling blinks.
>tell familiar to grin
The earth wyrdling grins.
>tell familiar to snicker
You need to wait a bit before you can do that.
>tell familiar to snicker
The earth wyrdling snickers.
>l
[Paupers, Workshop]
Hanging tapestries that decorate the four corners of this room accentuate the vaulted ceiling -- the symbols for fire, earth, air and water are all represented in the various designs. Jagged burns on the hardwood floor and several fingernail-sized gouges in the near wall offer evidence that suggests a powerful explosion, but from the looks of things it must have happened long ago. You also see a squat earth wyrdling that is sleeping, an onyx and cherry wood door and an onyx-inlaid white glaes desk.
Obvious exits: none

Once I issue a command such as FOLLOW/FIND/STAND that actually requires movement from the familiar, it does wake up. The familiar just seems to be able to do its emote actions while sleeping.

I didn't try it with other familiars, I'm not that bored.

-Drumpel