Harness Power 02/12/2016 02:44 PM CST
Alright, so I've seen two different guides that say two different things about Harness Power for a Pure Wizard. One says that Harness Power should equal your level, the other says double in HP every train. At 16, I have been doubled since creation (34 trains) and have 78 mana, which is generally just enough to fry my head before running out. I'm weary of dumping those trains, but I'd like to be able to put SOME points into things like climbing / swimming / Elemental Mastery. I sometimes have to choose between tripling in spells (my goal) and being able to get to certain hunting spots because I have 0 trains in climbing / swimming. What are your thoughts on Harness Power? Is this a place I can safely take a few points out of?
Re: Harness Power 02/12/2016 02:56 PM CST
>Alright, so I've seen two different guides that say two different things about Harness Power for a Pure Wizard. One says that Harness Power should equal your level, the other says double in HP every train. At 16, I have been doubled since creation (34 trains) and have 78 mana, which is generally just enough to fry my head before running out. I'm weary of dumping those trains, but I'd like to be able to put SOME points into things like climbing / swimming / Elemental Mastery. I sometimes have to choose between tripling in spells (my goal) and being able to get to certain hunting spots because I have 0 trains in climbing / swimming. What are your thoughts on Harness Power? Is this a place I can safely take a few points out of?

I wouldn't worry about tripling spells every single chance you get. For the price of that 3rd spell, you can pick up a nice chunk of climb/swim ranks.

As for HP, if you're able to double without sacrificing other stuff, keep doing it. Otherwise missing a rank here and there isn't going to make or break you. I don't know how I'd feel about 1x HP while leveling, but I haven't leveled a wizard since GS3 so I can't say for certain what impact it would have.

~ Methais
Re: Harness Power 02/12/2016 04:12 PM CST
Don't dump any HP, but you can let it stagnate and still gain 2 mana points every time you train. Use the points where you need em, no need for triple spells, just get the good ones at the level they are at, Whirln has some good advice in his guides. I have fluctuated between 1.5 and 2 HP and mana hasn't been an issue even with not really waving wands much (Dupe an' pawn). Been at 2X spells and a bit throughout and I'm almost level 92. If you start running low on mana then just start up getting as much as you can again until you have enough to fry.

I'd not use a fixstat until at or near cap, until then I have my stats set for carrying loot and dexterity.

Just an elf about town...