I love supernodes 10/15/2008 11:05 AM CDT
I just noticed last night how great the new enhanced nodes are. Regular nodes pulse experience every 2 minutes. Super nodes pulse experience every minute. I realized I've been leveling faster than I did in Gemstone III, but didn't realize until now exactly why. They took away meditation/symbol of dreams, but you now get the same effect no matter what class you are, just for being on a super node!!! These things are 10x better than Gift of Lumnis.
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 11:42 AM CDT
<<I just noticed last night how great the new enhanced nodes are. Regular nodes pulse experience every 2 minutes. Super nodes pulse experience every minute. I realized I've been leveling faster than I did in Gemstone III, but didn't realize until now exactly why. They took away meditation/symbol of dreams, but you now get the same effect no matter what class you are, just for being on a super node!!! These things are 10x better than Gift of Lumnis.

Umm, experience absorption pulses about every minute no matter where you are. Super-node, regular node, out hunting, etc. Super-nodes just increase it by a percentage or so many points. For example, one of my characters usually absorbs 34 on a regular node, a super-node it is 37.

-Adam
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 11:59 AM CDT
>>Umm, experience absorption pulses about every minute no matter where you are. Super-node, regular node, out hunting, etc. Super-nodes just increase it by a percentage or so many points. For example, one of my characters usually absorbs 34 on a regular node, a super-node it is 37.

Yeah, supernodes give you roughly 10% extra per pulse, they don't actually change the frequency.

--Andy (Aarx)

>Trust me... it's constructive! I'm constructing the whole scenario in my head as we type - GM Emeradan
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 12:18 PM CDT
Having a smooth stone in your right hand helps, too. Promise.

- Grandma Nixxi & her trouble causing boy.
AIM: GS4 Islyia
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 03:13 PM CDT
...These things are 10x better than Gift of Lumnis.

Not by a long shot! The Gift of Lumnis will gain ye far more EXP (in a single week) than sitting in a supernode processing normal experience points for ye entire career.

Ye do realize that the Gift of Lumnis grants free EXP while in effect, right?

Zizzle

The Elementalist
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 07:46 PM CDT
>Having a smooth stone in your right hand helps, too. Promise.

If I remember correctly, you need to be in stance offensive.

XXXX softly asks, "Why are you so blunt, but yet we just had a nice conversation without the bluntness?"
You quietly whisper to XXXX, "Heh! That's part of what makes Reallia. She can be rude!"
XXXX softly says, "But you're actually a nice person."
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 09:37 PM CDT
Last night, I sat at a table, and only got experience pulses every 2 minutes. Also, the effect of meditation/dreams, was to give you an extra experience pulse between the 2 minute pulses.

"I wish my lawn were emo so it would cut itself." -- as seen on a t-shirt >>
Re: I love supernodes 10/15/2008 10:47 PM CDT
Something is buggy then or some other factor.
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 10:21 AM CDT
Last night, I sat at a table, and only got experience pulses every 2 minutes. Also, the effect of meditation/dreams, was to give you an extra experience pulse between the 2 minute pulses.

Are you confusing MANA pulses with EXP pulses? Mana pulses every 2 minutes, but EXP pulses every minute.

Zizzle

The Elementalist
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 11:56 AM CDT
I'd guess mana myself, given that meditation/dreams have an effect on mana but not experience.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums
~
GemStone IV: One MMORPG to Rule Them All.
"Master of the Black Helicopters." -- BROWNA94
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 07:49 PM CDT
I timed it wrong. I rechecked last night, and I was incorrect! My love for supernodes is now diminished some.

"I wish my lawn were emo so it would cut itself." -- as seen on a t-shirt >>
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 09:10 PM CDT
Where are these supernodes and how are they identified? (Aside from patiently waiting and watching experience, which I excel at being bad at).

You guys just talking about "Town" absorption rates? Or nodes within towns? What's up? LET ME IN ON THIS!

Tibby, who likes getting experience
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 09:16 PM CDT
No one tell!

Ok, ok...

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Super_Node

Should have the info you need.

XXXX softly asks, "Why are you so blunt, but yet we just had a nice conversation without the bluntness?"
You quietly whisper to XXXX, "Heh! That's part of what makes Reallia. She can be rude!"
XXXX softly says, "But you're actually a nice person."
Re: I love supernodes 10/16/2008 09:44 PM CDT
Thanks!

Funny the Garret is on the list... nobody seems to come here anymore... used to be all the "legends" hung out here. I'm glad its a supernode cause I've been chilling there alone out of habit the last few days. The small park still weirds me out.

Tibby, who still smells the fur throw for nostalgia from time to time
Re: I love supernodes 10/17/2008 09:49 AM CDT
Heh! The Garret is one of the places I have some of my characters park, although Zizzle doesn't usually use it himself. However, it is not always so empty...

Zizzle

The Elementalist
Re: I love supernodes 10/21/2008 01:06 AM CDT
The garret is my #1 place when Im on GoL and in hunting overdrive mode...hunt till Im fried, sit and respell till clear, repeat. I go to the park to socialize and get mass spells 8)

"Kill 'em all, let the gods sort them out!"
Lvl 11 Dark Elf Wizard
Lvl 7 Sylvan Ranger
Lvl 7 Half-Elf Paladin