Pie 07/30/2008 09:07 PM CDT
Do Wizards like pie? And, if so, what kind of pie?

-Sea Wizard

When Triss Attacks

>A disheveled white cat lunges at Starkly and sinks her teeth into his calf.
>A disheveled white cat leaps at Sorchia, a wild whirling ball of fur and claws.
>A disheveled white cat sits directly between Rimalon's feet, her tail curled around her legs. She washes her paws.
Re: Pie 07/30/2008 10:50 PM CDT
I prefer cake.

Bacl surreptiously wipes a stray crumb of chocolate cake from one corner of his mouth.

Opening his robe very slightly, Bacl lifts the rim of a champagne flute to his lips and takes a furtive sip.
Re: Pie 07/30/2008 10:54 PM CDT
I, the player, prefer cake. But I'm no wizard. Reallia, the wizard, doesn't eat.

You search the Reallia.
It had nothing of value.
A small, green cloud of smelly gas rises from the body of Reallia as it decays into compost.
Bernt says, "You've got lousy defense, and smell bad too."

Re: Pie 07/31/2008 10:30 AM CDT
I'm with Bacl on this. I prefer cake.

However, if eating pie is a must...

Mud pie.

(And I mean that awesome coffee and oreo stuff... not, y'know, mud.)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 03:40 PM CDT
<< Reallia, the wizard, doesn't eat. >>

I call shenanigans!

--
Naos
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 03:42 PM CDT
>I call shenanigans!

:D Well, in reality, she doesn't. (Not many people have their characters eat, on a regular basis.) RP wise, she is loathe to eat with others around.

You search the Reallia.
It had nothing of value.
A small, green cloud of smelly gas rises from the body of Reallia as it decays into compost.

Re: Pie 07/31/2008 03:45 PM CDT
Well of course my earth mage loves mud pie ....

~-= Curt =-~

A shifting shadowy mist swirls into existence around you, delivering an echo of voices into your mind that relay the message, "give me dougnuts!."
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 04:17 PM CDT
The cake is a lie.

That said, I like pie.
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 04:32 PM CDT
Cake is lame.

Blueberry pie is the best.

Most people eat the cake part first, and then eat the icing, yeah?

And when eating pie, you eat the pie part first, and then the length of crust at the end.

Crust > icing.

PIE WINS.

-Sea Wizard

When Triss Attacks

>A disheveled white cat leaps at Sorchia, a wild whirling ball of fur and claws.
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 04:37 PM CDT
>Most people eat the cake part first, and then eat the icing, yeah?

Um, no? Who in the world eats cake like that. This lil' wizard eats the whole thing at once. And, have you ever heard of icecream pie? Neither have I. Icecream cake... mmmm....

You search the Reallia.
It had nothing of value.

Re: Pie 07/31/2008 06:12 PM CDT
>And when eating pie, you eat the pie part first, and then the length of crust at the end.

As much as I like cherry pie....I hate pie crust. It's dry and not the best tasting thing. I have to eat the crust first and save the filling part for last.

My wife on the other hand, she loves pie crust. She's half Armenian and half German and she loves all the Armenian dishes her side of the family makes for family get-togethers. They've got some dessert (for the life of me, I can't remember what's called), but it's basically balls of dry, cooked dough...she puts a little honey on top of them and she can't get enough of 'em. If I had to describe the taste of this dish, I'd have to say it reminds me of pie crust....not quite as sweet as most pie crusts are, but very close.

They don't taste bad, but I just cannot stand dry foods like that - hence the reason I dislike/hate pie crust.

If the Sea Wizard is interested (since you seem to like pie crust so much), maybe I can dig up a reciepe for this dessert item. Just shoot an email to my play.net address.

-Drumpel

Feel free to browse my shop in Solhaven (http://playershops.com/Kurut)
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 06:22 PM CDT
Well, this is on the topic of pie anyways...

Gotta love the Rock when he's on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9rr3YgIoo&feature=related

And his sidenote about the People's Strudel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMML_zdfxA&feature=related

Classic stuff, and a LOT of double entendre..

~Paul
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 09:14 PM CDT
>have you ever heard of icecream pie?

Baskin Robbins makes them. They don't call it that, but they're incredible.

~Lia
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 09:38 PM CDT
Pie over cake any day! But I hardly eat either anyways...

Zizzle

The Elementalist
Re: Pie 07/31/2008 10:13 PM CDT
>If the Sea Wizard is interested (since you seem to like pie crust so much), maybe I can dig up a reciepe for this dessert item.

YES PLZ. But I wouldn't dare keep a glorious pie recipe all to myself. Feel free to post it here and share pie with us all. It won't get pulled; it's not a game secret!

...And yes, it's been far too long since WWE fans have enjoyed the Rock's pie. It's a shame he burned all his bridges at the last Hall Of Fame ceremony. I was hoping he'd come back in some sort of non-wrestling capacity, eventually, but now that seems doubtful.

GRRR.

-Sea Wizard

When Triss Attacks

Re: Pie 07/31/2008 10:39 PM CDT
>>Gotta love the Rock when he's on...--Paul

Ha. That was my immediate first thought when I read the initial post. Glad someone else was with me, Paul.

-David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffet do?'"
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 08:55 AM CDT
>>>Cake is lame. Blueberry pie is the best.<<<

The Prince Regent: "You look as happy as a man who thought a cat had done its business on his pie, but it turned out to be an extra large blackberry."

Bacl surreptiously wipes a stray crumb of chocolate cake from one corner of his mouth.

Opening his robe very slightly, Bacl lifts the rim of a champagne flute to his lips and takes a furtive sip.
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 09:02 AM CDT
"she is loathe to eat" -- Reallia

I'm pretty sure you mean that "she is loath to eat".
- Loathe is the transitive verb that you do when you dislike someone/something that much.
- Loath is the adjectival state-of-being in which you are while you do it.
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 09:05 AM CDT
"Pie over cake any day!" -- Zizzle

And people thought I was wierd, eating meat (with a side of... meat).

I mean... Frosting, sure. Cool Whip, sure. Compote, sure. But who the hell tops a cake with pie?!?!?!

:)
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 09:24 AM CDT
I'll just eat the top part, the pie, and someone else can finish the cake...<wink>

Zizzle

The Elementalist
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 09:33 AM CDT
>Blah, blah, blah, - Krakki's post.

Just you wait, hairsplitter. ;)

You search the Reallia.
It had nothing of value.

Re: Pie 08/01/2008 09:35 AM CDT
">Blah, blah, blah, - Krakki's post.

Just you wait, hairsplitter." -- Reallia

Only two "K"s (and two "I"s) in "Krakii"...

<flee!>
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 12:12 PM CDT
I just break the crust off and toss it to the birds; that way I don't have to eat it at all.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Pie 08/01/2008 03:44 PM CDT
<<Only two "K"s (and two "I"s) in "Krakii"...>>-Krakii

Hence why I always post "Krakii with 2 eyes." Which is funny since Robert wears glasses :)

Jinsem
Le RAWR.
Re: Pie 08/05/2008 11:28 PM CDT
>If the Sea Wizard is interested (since you seem to like pie crust so much), maybe I can dig up a reciepe for this dessert item.

YES PLZ. But I wouldn't dare keep a glorious pie recipe all to myself. Feel free to post it here and share pie with us all. It won't get pulled; it's not a game secret!

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about posting the reciepe for the Armenian dessert....I'm just having troubles finding it. The Armenian cookbook my wife has doesn't have that reciepe in it and her mom can't find a reciepe at her place either. I know that my wife's uncle has a reciepe, but him and his wife are out of town....out in Europe somewhere I think for the next week or so.

I know how to pronounce the dessert - for the most part - it sounds like "shaka-burry". I know that that isn't close to how the dessert name is actually spelled. Maybe we'll be lucky enough that someone else on the boards might read this and know what we're talking about, but that's kind of a long shot.

Once I do get a reciepe, I'll post it here for all you pie crust lovers because that's exactly what this food reminds me of.....just dry tasting pie crust.

-Drumpel

Feel free to browse my shop in Solhaven (http://playershops.com/Kurut)