May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/26/2012 12:12 PM CST
Greetings fellow Elanthians!

Some of you folks may remember me from a long ways back. I have been away for about 4 years now and I am sure much has changed and there is much I have to relearn again. If some kind soul would be on the look out for a forlorn wizard putzing around the Wizard Guild in Wehnimer's Landing and grant some guidance to reentry (and re-establishing my credentials) there in, I would be most appreciative. ;)

Secondly, I am returning in a limited fashion and have only started with the basic account options and I have lost my premium privileges (for now). I recall having quite a bit of stuff in storage, and was wondering where it might all go? I pray it hasn't vanished into the ether. I am willing to upgrade to premium if it will help me recover these stored items... but honestly I probably will not remember all that I had anyways, being the pack rat I tend to be with loot... hehe.

Thirdly, through a long time mutual friend (who's the bugger trying to get me back into GS4) I am returning with quite a high level wizard, but although I remember much I have forgotten more. I may be struggling to get my bearings over the next few days and find out what I can and cannot do again.

A couple things about Zizzle and where he is in this game:
88th level
A Master of Voln
A Master of the Wizard Guild (though I think I need to be re-admitted again)
A Member of the Drakes Vanguard
A Member of The House of Rising Phoenix

Seeing as I was in alchemy, and I know I had ingredients up the ying yang saving to attempt to Master all 3 disciplines, I do not think I want to get back into a grind of that sort yet. I am looking to re-learn how to hunt and play as a near capped wizard again. Any advice or places of good information relating to such is welcomed.

--Zizzle
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/26/2012 12:33 PM CST
I can answer the locker question at least.

Since you are now basic, you will only have one locker - not a locker in every town. Everything you may have had in those lockers just got crammed into the one locker. Next time you go into the locker, it is going to make you take everything from the locker to get under the item limit imposed on that one locker.

Best advice is to have deep containers and a healthy carrying capacity, along with a disk. Also a lot of time. It's a nightmare.
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/26/2012 12:58 PM CST
Holy crap bat man! Thanks for that tid-bit! I will definitely NOT go to my locker just yet! I am still trying to get a grip on what to do with the crap I currently have in possession. Quick follow up question... if I do suddenly upgrade to premium will it put all this crap back into the lockers I had them in?

Thanks in advance!

--Zizzle
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/26/2012 07:56 PM CST
Welcome back, Zizzle.

I don't know the answer to your question on upgrading to premium again -- but I would suspect that it will at least make the task easier to manage. You might need a friend or two along to assist, also.

Doug
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/27/2012 02:58 PM CST
I don't think we knew each other, Zizzle, but I recognize your name from the past. As far as getting back into hunting, I think the Rift would be the perfect place for a level 88 Voln wizard. Look for Taverkin in Icemule some time or hit me up on Lnet if I'm logged into the game. I'll be happy to talk strategy, training, etc. with you.

~Taverkin
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/27/2012 05:41 PM CST
4 years? Game hasn't changed much in that time. The Rift sucks; try bowels to get back into hunting shape (make sure to get purify air). Elders, jarls and greater elementals are level 88. In fact, I think you were doing that area last time Guen saw you. No undead there, but you can take advantage of the new (Temporary) Lich King area in the landing if you need favor (get maps from the Town folder, and stay away from the banshees).

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/27/2012 07:06 PM CST
4 years? Game hasn't changed much in that time.

If you said that a year ago, I'd agree. In the last year, however, there have been some substantial changes. Monks, spell durations changes and improvements in interface, minor mental spell list, sorc ball spell and bolt AS booster and curses, cleric CS booster, couple of other things I missed, all in the last year. Sure, there could be more, but that's about the most dev GS has seen in a long time.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/27/2012 11:35 PM CST
>>If you said that a year ago, I'd agree. In the last year, however, there have been some substantial changes. Monks, spell durations changes and improvements in interface, minor mental spell list, sorc ball spell and bolt AS booster and curses, cleric CS booster, couple of other things I missed, all in the last year. Sure, there could be more, but that's about the most dev GS has seen in a long time.<<

Heh; ok I was speaking from the point of view of what Zizzle needed to know. He's not a brawling wizard, so monks and the UAC aren't likely to impact him, nor aremost of the other things you listed. I do admit, I should have mentioned something about spell durations. Zizzle, most spells that were single cast only have been changed so that they can now be stacked, which is indeed welcome change for just about everyone.

The bells of Hell
o ting-a-ling-a-ling
or you but not for me
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/28/2012 11:04 AM CST
Another thing that may be welcome from the same update: Virtually all self buff spells have the same duration of 20 minutes +1 minute per spell rank. Even for a level 88 wizard, this should significantly reduce the time and mana it takes to spell yourself (and others) up.

Furthermore, buff spells can now be cast multiple times at once for the corresponding mana cost, depending on your mana control. With 75 ranks of EMC, for instance, you can CAST 509 4, which will instantly take 36 mana and give you 4-casts duration of Strength, which for you, may well be 4 hours. You can do this on others as well.

You can also instantly cast all of your buffs 1x per day for every 75 ranks of EMC you have. This costs no mana, but is quite impressive and useful after a death. On the other hand, you also have a Voln symbol which can pretty much do the same post-death.
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/30/2012 11:37 AM CST
You can also instantly cast all of your buffs 1x per day for every 75 ranks of EMC you have. This costs no mana, but is quite impressive and useful after a death. On the other hand, you also have a Voln symbol which can pretty much do the same post-death.

How does one cast all their buffs at once? And the Voln symbol that does the same thing? Please enlighten me.

--Zizzle
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/30/2012 12:16 PM CST
Spellup*: MANA SPELLUP allows the caster to instantly invoke all of their known persistent buff spells. This ability can be utilized once per day for every 75 Mana Control ranks.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Spell_duration_and_mana_control_%28saved_post%29

Doug
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/30/2012 02:11 PM CST
The Voln symbol is a little different. Its a Voln symbol that will recast the spells you had on when you were dead (and you use it while dead, I think). There is some sort of limitation as for outside spells that you don't know, but it seemed very generous.
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/30/2012 07:49 PM CST
Here's more information on Symbol of Recall:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_of_Recall

It returns outside spells with the full duration they had when you died, but it gives you only one cast of the spells known to you. It seems to return only defensive spells, and not utility spells you had on you.
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/30/2012 10:44 PM CST
I have used recall once ot twice, but I am starting to question whether it is worth the favor cost. I am usually going to need to wait a bit anyway after dying to get spirit back before I go hunting again. One exception might be when being field raised in an area where sanctuaries drop fairly fast, like OTF.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 12/31/2012 10:14 AM CST
If you die just after or even two hours in to getting the full complement of outside spells, it's definitely worth it. If everything was going to drop in 10-15 minutes, not so much. In other words, it's situational.
Re: May be returning after a LONG hiatus 01/07/2013 08:48 AM CST
4 years? Game hasn't changed much in that time. The Rift sucks; try bowels to get back into hunting shape (make sure to get purify air). Elders, jarls and greater elementals are level 88. In fact, I think you were doing that area last time Guen saw you. No undead there, but you can take advantage of the new (Temporary) Lich King area in the landing if you need favor (get maps from the Town folder, and stay away from the banshees).

I hate the Rift. Hated it then, and still hate it. I don't plan on going back there at all. And you are right I was hunting in the Bowels back then, and running with the Drakes to all kinds of fun places. Grimswarming and all. I plan on getting back into the groove with the Drakes again (I already did a run through Lich town with em and survived!)

At some point I will actually test myself in the Bowels again and see how well I remember tactics.

However, what is primarily taking up my time now is actually the UAC, and monks. I know you thought that I wouldn't be interested in that because Zizzle is not a brawler (nor will he be), I had always had a love affair with Voln Fu, and monk style hand to hand combat. I created a rogue equivalent of a monk before they changed the brawling (Voln Fu) to what it is now and introduced the monk. My rogue is 70th level but I have NO intentions of converting him to a monk, as he is my locksmith first and foremost. So I rolled up a monk instead to see what all this JAB, JAB, PUNCH, KICK and GRAPPLE stuff is all about.

Fun stuff!

Then there is my annoying halfling ranger-archer who is quite suicidal and drags his buddy into warcamps to die... fun times!

But when I stop relearning the maps and the game again (a lot is coming back to me actually) I will probably start focusing on Zizzle more and more. Thanks for the info.

--Zizzle