Suggestion 04/03/2013 08:36 PM CDT
Instead of giving people 18 items to alter.. give them a 15 minute alter session each. People want to alter their own things.

That was my biggest problem with the cathedral package was that I didn't want random clothes. I wanted my cute ebon gate scripted dress altered into my wedding dress and my satchel that I carried around all the time altered into something for a wedding, my scripted sandals altered, my piercing jewelry earrings altered, my hair jewels altered for the wedding.. etc. So I kept getting my wedding stuff altered at merchants and couldn't think up 18 items I wanted for the wedding other than the rings.

It would save on the back and forth too. You get what you get in the 15 minutes (or whatever is deemed appropriate). If you deepen 50 things, fine.. that's what you did. If you alter 3 awesome joola dresses, that's what you choose. So GM time is saved in that they only have to dedicate 15 minutes each to the items and then it's all about getting the wedding perfect.

The person wins too. They get what they want. They can prioritize what they want in their session. The couple could get WAY more items than 18, or less.. depending on them.

Overall win win..

~ Aquatriana's Player
Re: Suggestion 04/03/2013 09:12 PM CDT
It sounds like a great idea, but some of it would be limited to the gm doing the work.

Some scripts cannot be touched by anyone other than the owner. Some scripts need a GM who knows how to work with that particular script while some scripts need special permission to be touched. There are so many scripts out there, to expect a gm to know the ins and outs of each one and how to work with them is not reasonable.

But, I do understand your reasoning and can remember when I wished I could alter my Nalea gown for my IG wedding.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Half Elves
Weddings
Re: Suggestion 04/03/2013 09:22 PM CDT
It would work the same way as a normal 15 minute session... the GM would say. "Can't work on it".. or "I can try but it might take up your whole 15 minutes".. I didn't say the GM had to work on everything offered no matter what.

~ Aquatriana's Player
Re: Suggestion 04/03/2013 10:44 PM CDT
It's just a slippery slope, since weddings do cost quite a bit. We wouldn't want people to feel slighted. But Valyrka talked to me about it, and we'll see what we can do to offer something for future weddings. No guarantees at this time.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Suggestion 04/04/2013 08:35 AM CDT

Actually, you can (or could), exchange 2 created alters for one alter to one existing item provided that it was alterable. The limit was two of your own supplied items used for a total cost of 4 newly created alters. Unfortunately, Ghrayce's dress was not one of those allowed to be altered. It took a bit of effort, and being premium helped, but I was able to get the gown I wanted to use altered.

I ended up getting a pair of Ysanio pants and one of those scripted fancy hats done for Murkshev and it was well worth giving up two alters for.
Re: Suggestion 04/04/2013 11:13 AM CDT
That is not a listed service that goes with weddings so I have no idea about your circumstance, but as Wyrom said we are looking at things.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Half Elves
Weddings
Re: Suggestion 04/04/2013 01:48 PM CDT
See if we could trade all 18 items for 9 items using our own items that'd be great too. The issue being that people are increasingly wanting to fix their own stuff not make brand new functionless stuff. :)

Thanks for considering the idea.

~ Aquatriana's Player
Re: Suggestion 04/05/2013 10:17 PM CDT
I had a fabulous wedding, but during it I thought of a suggestion or two of my own. The biggest that came to mind.. when people enter the wedding tent, have it auto-remove all their spells. The wedding was fabulous, but that was a LOT of spells dropping, heh. Thankfully, I died about 10 minutes before the wedding prep, so I didn't have to worry about it for myself.
Re: Suggestion 04/07/2013 04:18 PM CDT
Oh, I remembered my other suggestion that I kept thinking about in the pre-wedding planning. GS is all eastern standard time.. except wedding stuff, for some reason. Your invitations are in central. It's not a huge issue, but it's so arbitrary and random and throws a few people off.
Re: Suggestion 04/08/2013 03:07 PM CDT
I'll look into those things.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions