Wedding verbs 09/16/2012 08:22 PM CDT
With a wedding coming at some point in Durakar's near future I started looking at the what the married verbs are and noticed that there is both a Cathedral Wedding option and a Wavedancer Wedding option. Now I know that the Wavedancer sunk and the likelihood of ever seeing it again is slim to none, but was hoping that there is some way to get those Wavedancer verb options as a possible choice with the Cathedral Wedding package.

Is this something that can already be done? Something that is in the planning stages of being done? Or is it something that could be requested to be looked at to see if it can be added?
Re: Wedding verbs 09/17/2012 12:52 AM CDT
>Is this something that can already be done? Something that is in the planning stages of being done? Or is it something that could be requested to be looked at to see if it can be added?

Hope you can get them done. I have two characters with the Wavedancer wedding verbs. One of them actually still is married to the character he went on the cruise with back then. They're pretty neat verbs. Good luck!

- Anonymous
Re: Wedding verbs 09/22/2012 09:42 PM CDT

Hi there!

At this time, the Wavedancer verbs are not available. Never say never, but at this time they aren't available.

However! There ARE new verbs being prepared for a new package style. I don't want to even try to guess a release date on them at this time because of some huge things on my plate (Woo hoo! Ebon Gate!), but we have made some really nice progress with the new package which will include some amazing options for folks.

When an update on this comes through, I'll be posting news about it here :)

-Sherlise
Guru of Big Ole Festivals and Weddings
Re: Wedding verbs 09/23/2012 02:20 AM CDT
>>At this time, the Wavedancer verbs are not available. Never say never, but at this time they aren't available.

>>However! There ARE new verbs being prepared for a new package style. I don't want to even try to guess a release date on them at this time because of some huge things on my plate (Woo hoo! Ebon Gate!), but we have made some really nice progress with the new package which will include some amazing options for folks.

At this time I would like to request that the Wavedancer verbs be looked at as an option to be added to the selection for those folks who wish to spend the money (or have already spent the money) for a Cathedral Wedding.

As these verbs can now no longer be gained due to the ship's sinking and no additional ways being released to gain them since that disaster it would be a boon to all of those who go that extra bit for such a wedding. Looking over the verb list I don't see anything in them that would cause them to only be available to those that attended a certain event, instead I see a wider variety of increased roleplay and interaction able to be brought about by opening these as options to all Cathedral Wedding couples. Additionally, since these verbs have already passed QC and been coded into the game it is an option that could be brought live in a very short time frame versus these other upcoming verbs that, for lack of a release date, would fall under the inauspicious banner of RSN.

Judging from a couple people that I have talked with, I am not the only one to feel this way regarding these verbs and am sure if you were to poll couples in game you would find even more interest in it.

~Durakar
Re: Wedding verbs 09/23/2012 01:08 PM CDT
It seems to me with the new verbs that the couple will pick which they want to get with their package, I could be wrong about it though. I'd prefer that they have access to them all and a flag to toggle between which ones they use, something that will change all the verbs from one group to another. While some maybe cool and reserved in public, they may loosen up a little when with close friends or when just by themselves and it would be a shame if they were stuck with just the one set of verbs to use.
Re: Wedding verbs 09/23/2012 08:23 PM CDT
>>It seems to me with the new verbs that the couple will pick which they want to get with their package, I could be wrong about it though. I'd prefer that they have access to them all and a flag to toggle between which ones they use, something that will change all the verbs from one group to another. While some maybe cool and reserved in public, they may loosen up a little when with close friends or when just by themselves and it would be a shame if they were stuck with just the one set of verbs to use.

The basis for that is already in the system and is even a bit better (IMHO) than a toggle to change the whole set. You can change each verb on it's own to any setting that you have access to.

Such as:
SCOWL SET [option]

where the current options are STANDARD, CATHEDRAL(for those that purchase the Cathedral Wedding package), & WAVEDANCER(if you were lucky enough to have been married on said ship)
Re: Wedding verbs 09/23/2012 11:46 PM CDT
I know that you can change them each on their own, but it would be nice to change them as a group all at once as well.