WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 01:23 AM CST
Thanks to whomever runs Culd for doing WPS work today outside the confines of a special/simucoin event. I hope you and future WPS merchants will consider process improvements for future WPS events.

By spinning in small batches, ~180 people* had to stick around for 2 hours, in a room where they were squelched from all RP. If Culd had spun for 25 at the beginning, 155 of those people could have gone off to do other things. (People NOT at the cul-de-sac also complained of 2 hours of lag, though I can't speak to the validity of that.) Culd mentioned that he had reasons for not doing this, but he did not share those reasons with us.

In GS Discord and out-of-game chat, many of us speculated that it had something to do with preventing people from handing off items. (In EG the spins were batches of 25, but I don't recall the hand-off restriction there). One suggestion was to move all 25 people to a special room at once. Another was to bring out the automated WPS smithy and lock people in with him until they were done. I suppose it's possible that those 25 people could try to trade off items, but it seems like no more or less of a problem to monitor than when grabbing batches of three instead.

Aside from all that, I do hope some of the non-pay-event WPS opportunities will exceed 5 services, but I realize that requires more of a discussion than simply how to make things run smoothly.

Thanks,
Goat

* Okay, characters, but I don't know the people:character ratio
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 10:31 AM CST
>>>Thanks to whomever runs Culd for doing WPS work today outside the confines of a special/simucoin event. I hope you and future WPS merchants will consider process improvements for future WPS events.

You're welcome, and I appreciate constructive feedback conveyed professionally like this, so thank you for that in this message. :) I am always open to considering process improvements for future events, whatever the event may be.

If and when I am authorized to perform this service again, I will try a different selection method such as choosing all 25 at once. But that comes with its own set of challenges on a GM's end, so it may not turn out to be the best method (at least for me). Time will tell.

You are correct about handing off items to people who had won spins. At Culd's events, he doesn't allow this. Each merchant has the freedom to restrict such things. I have other merchants who really wouldn't care, but this one does. It was on his sign.

I'm pleased that the service was so popular last night, and I'm appreciative that the Dev team was able to identify and squish the bug on items that had received services before. Culd's main goal last night was not to pad his pockets with players' silvers, despite in-game accusations! ;)

GameMaster Necios
Overlord of Icemule Trace
Champion of subject/verb agreement
Honorary BADNAME committee chair

Annanasi says, "The symbol of the Arkati Necios is a cuddly teddy bear on a field of pink."
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 10:49 AM CST

>I will try a different selection method such as choosing all 25 at once.

+1 for the spin for 25 and sequester option. I understand that GMs want to run their merchants how they wish to, and appreciate the players that liked the spinning throughout the 2 hours because they couldn't be there right at 6 pm, but you need to keep in mind the lag caused by that many people in one room for that amount of time affects the operation of the entire game.

Maybe also add all GROUP commands, including HOLD to the no-no list when a room is silenced.

Thanks again for offering WPS outside of a festival.
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 10:53 AM CST
>>>Maybe also add all GROUP commands, including HOLD to the no-no list when a room is silenced.

Yes, that caused quite the disruption last night. Thanks for reminding me about it. I'll see if someone on that side of things can review it. Can't make any promises, but good to consider.

GameMaster Necios

Annanasi says, "The symbol of the Arkati Necios is a cuddly teddy bear on a field of pink."
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 01:10 PM CST
How about a time that is more West Coast friendly for Plat next time? :(

~Issalya

Liia: Blame Issalya
Omrii: Wait, we have official staff approval on blaming Issalya? Excellent.
Kormis: She seems to be to blame for everything around here!
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 04:27 PM CST
Can you explain why Culd doesn't allow passing items?

I would prefer you choose a different merchant to run the WPS service if he's the only one who doesn't allow it. It seems like all of the problems caused last night came about because of that choice.

You were so concerned about people passing items that you spun 3 at a time, which caused 3 hours of lag, and made people waste 3 hours in a room that allowed you to do nothing.
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 11:06 PM CST
>How about a time that is more West Coast friendly for Plat next time? :(

I just want to say THANK YOU!! for coming back later in the evening for those spots remaining in Plat from earlier. The "consolation prize" for those who didn't get spun was fabulous, too. I immensely appreciate the time you put in for us. <3

~Issalya

Liia: Blame Issalya
Omrii: Wait, we have official staff approval on blaming Issalya? Excellent.
Kormis: She seems to be to blame for everything around here!
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/02/2018 11:17 PM CST
Thanks to the talent :)

I was a bit bummed that I wasn't able to get home by 5pm CST, and it was a great surprise to see that a second ad-hoc session was held. Consolation prizes were a nice touch. Great event all around, and it was much appreciated!

- Maros
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/03/2018 12:07 AM CST
Don't thank me... Thank The Talent. ;)

I should really start a storyline investigating this mysterious merchant-sending cult and perhaps get a few followers...

Take care - N

GameMaster Necios

Re: WPS merchant process today 01/03/2018 08:15 AM CST

I wasn't able to make it yesterday for the Platinum Services, but I want to thank Culd, The Talent, and YOU, Necios.
Re: WPS merchant process today 01/03/2018 05:16 PM CST
>>>and YOU, Necios.

You're very welcome, and thank you and others for the feedback and kind messages.

GameMaster Necios