Pricing on Long Bow 09/29/2017 07:56 PM CDT
Here's an abbreviated log from tonight's service event. The composite bow is from last year's Great Auction. I have two questions: 1. Is the long bow properly priced? 2. Is the script in question mechanical. If so, what does it do? I was always under the impression it was a plain bow, mechanically.

Eosten has accepted your offer and is now holding a buffed sepia wyrwood composite bow with carved talon nocks.

Eosten whispers, "570,625 for all 5 points."

You remove a limber pale grey wyrwood longbow from in your forager's pack.

You offer your grey wyrwood longbow to Eosten, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Click CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.

Eosten has accepted your offer and is now holding a limber pale grey wyrwood longbow.

Eosten whispers, "708125 for 5 points on this one."

You quietly whisper to Eosten, "And it has zero currently?"
>
Eosten nods.
>
Eosten whispers, "Correct."
>
You quietly whisper to Eosten, "It's more expensive than the other bow?"
>
Eosten whispers, "It is."

You quietly whisper to Eosten, "That seems strange to me. Is there a particular reason for that?"
>
Eosten whispers, "I'm looking. Is the script on it just fluff?"
>
Eosten whispers, "I can check but figured you'd already know."
>
You quietly whisper to Eosten, "It's a plain bow as far as I know."
>
Eosten whispers, "It has a tiered script on it from the wavedancer."

You quietly whisper to Eosten, "Oh, I don't know what that is!"

Eosten whispers, "It's possible it's mechanical but I cannot look into the code on my laptop unfortunately."

Eosten whispers, "I would submit it for review by the dev team."
>
Eosten whispers, "Because it seems high to me as well."

Eosten whispers, "Official forums weighting and padding thread. One of the senior dev gms will look at it and determine if it should be exempt from the combat script surcharge."

You nod at Eosten.

Eosten whispers, "Not a call I can make unfortunately."
You quietly whisper to Eosten, "Will do. Would I get the difference refunded if applicable?"
>
Eosten nods to you.
>
A diseased turkey vulture lifts its head and tucks it trustingly just behind Berbels's ear, cooing a softly trilling love song.
>
Eosten whispers, "You would."
A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 09/29/2017 09:21 PM CDT

The composite bow would count as 8x I believe, which means that it has hit the enchant surcharge threshold. I don't know what the minimum per-point cost is on the silver scale, on BS it was 120, and an 8x would have had a small surcharge on top of that (probably no worse than 150 for the base though). So for 570K silvers for 5 services... that doesn't actually seem off to me. 750 Bloodscrip would come to 1.125 Million at 1.5k Per, which I know isn't the price point they used (it was much lower but never officially announced). So yeah, It sounds like 570K for 5 services base is about in line with what I'd expect.

the other weapon being high for a non combat script just probably means it wasn't reviewed. Easily fixed once it is.
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 09/30/2017 12:09 AM CDT
Can't be sure without more detail, but if you could please bugitem with a note about reviewing the item for WPS pricing we'll get it reviewed to see what the script is and if its priced right.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 09/30/2017 01:41 PM CDT
>The composite bow would count as 8x I believe, which means that it has hit the enchant surcharge threshold. I don't know what the minimum per-point cost is on the silver scale, on BS it was 120, and an 8x would have had a small surcharge on top of that (probably no worse than 150 for the base though). So for 570K silvers for 5 services... that doesn't actually seem off to me. 750 Bloodscrip would come to 1.125 Million at 1.5k Per, which I know isn't the price point they used (it was much lower but never officially announced). So yeah, It sounds like 570K for 5 services base is about in line with what I'd expect.

To clarify my original post, I included that for reference sake, not to question it.

>the other weapon being high for a non combat script just probably means it wasn't reviewed. Easily fixed once it is.

Bard loresing came back empty. I really want to know what "tiered script from the Wavedancer" is!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 10/02/2017 08:35 AM CDT

>> Bard loresing came back empty. I really want to know what "tiered script from the Wavedancer" is!

Is there no Analyze on it? Loresongs don't cover fluff scripts (in almost every circumstance) but there should be something in analyze. If there's nothing in analyze on a script, then it's hellishly old and hasn't been updated. Might want to bugitem it just to see if it could just get a simple placeholder analyze.
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 10/02/2017 09:39 PM CDT
The Wavedancer bow script should no longer have a script surcharge.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Pricing on Long Bow 10/05/2017 04:30 PM CDT
>Is there no Analyze on it? Loresongs don't cover fluff scripts (in almost every circumstance) but there should be something in analyze.

>anal my long
You analyze your grey wyrwood longbow and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.

You can tell that the longbow is as light as it can get.