My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/29/2017 04:00 PM CDT
We average one major event every 2 months (6 per year). Sometimes events are slow to happen, or you are unlucky until the end, or the timing just is a bit different. With a two month window it is feasible to have two pay events fall in the same 60 day window. It looks like exactly this could happen with people who used the delayed forge service at DR and are now thinking about going to EG. While I may well buy in for other reasons, this greatly decreases the desirability of such an event. A 45 day window would give a nice little grace period for these sorts of unexpected timing changes without moving into the "must find merchants even month frenetics that a 30 day might.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/29/2017 05:23 PM CDT
Best of all would be some odd-ball number (like 53, which I think works out to a prime, also) so that it gradually migrates around the year rather than "it's always around the first week of the month... which is when <professionX> is busiest at work. :("
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/29/2017 05:46 PM CDT
I can agree with and back this as a good first step. I still feel very strongly that the service surcharge should not exist for bloodscrip work though.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/29/2017 11:56 PM CDT
Nothing to share yet, but the service window is being discussed.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/30/2017 04:22 AM CDT
Thanks.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 09/30/2017 07:59 AM CDT
Thank you!

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: My reasoned argument as to why the WPS countdown should be 45 days. 10/10/2017 09:43 PM CDT
That would be great if the service window, or EG's w/p/s merchant could be looked at - I'm not eligible on my ONE item until 10/27.. the last day of merchanting. :( Though, I'd like to blame Ordim for this, so if it can't be fixed - no biggie.

Lord Heartfire Durden the Guardian
Master At Arms