Armor Accessories Padding 09/02/2017 10:54 AM CDT
I've always thought that if I wear HCP Armor and DCP greaves and the greaves are also very slash resistant that this combination would not halve the padding because both items have critical padding. Is this correct? Or is the HCP halved because of the slash resistance on the greaves? I've seen responses posted that seem to say the padding would be halved in this scenario.

Thanks,
Re: Armor Accessories Padding 09/02/2017 11:16 AM CDT
>> I've always thought that if I wear HCP Armor and DCP greaves and the greaves are also very slash resistant that this combination would not halve the padding because both items have critical padding. Is this correct? Or is the HCP halved because of the slash resistance on the greaves? I've seen responses posted that seem to say the padding would be halved in this scenario.

I believe it is halved because of the slash resistance.

The negating halving only happens when you have JUST padding on both. Then it just takes the higher. But Zissu has commented that the presence of any other attribute (including a different type of padding) will result in a halving of the bonus.
Re: Armor Accessories Padding 09/02/2017 01:56 PM CDT

Hes right. I also learned that spikes on armor accessories halve padding too. But half padding isnt as bad as it sounds due to the fact that padding over somewhat is variable anyways.

Heavy padding is worth only 6 + a variable amount between 1 and 4, unknown if linear, but if it is that would be 6 + 2.5, or 8.5. Half padding is just 5 ever time.

Rather than trying to keep the armor accessories pristine, I would say just accept the half padding in trade for another platform to load up a bunch of stuff ;)
Re: Armor Accessories Padding 09/02/2017 02:37 PM CDT
So, say you add services on a main armor but are only at light crit padding, but you wear a flaring greathelm - does it halve if you only have 1 point of padding?

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your item convert and I freaked a bit because I thought I had a bug...

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey