Enchanting padded armor 08/27/2017 11:03 PM CDT
This was mentioned in the revamp thread, but I hadn't seen an update. Moving to a new thread so it isn't lost in the noise.

I am still unable to get 3x HCP armor to take a temper. When I check it with 925, I get the "Assuming {armor} can be tempered somehow" and the temper potion "merely evaporates without effect" if poured anyhow. (Repeating my full disclosure, this armor does have Anfelt scripts, but I don't believe those are what is blocking the ability to enchant.)

Any news on when this might be fixed?
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 06:34 AM CDT
did you assess the armor or otherwise use it so that it gets converted to the new system automatically? I believe it won't temper until that happens.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 07:43 AM CDT
Is there something else on the armor that might be blocking it? I got a kelyn katana to temper on the first try yesterday.

You slam your mithril spikestar into the slowly descending meteor!
A large piece of the meteor shatters, exposing an opening!
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 09:23 AM CDT
PROPHETQ
This was mentioned in the revamp thread, but I hadn't seen an update. Moving to a new thread so it isn't lost in the noise.
I am still unable to get 3x HCP armor to take a temper. When I check it with 925, I get the "Assuming {armor} can be tempered somehow" and the temper potion "merely evaporates without effect" if poured anyhow. (Repeating my full disclosure, this armor does have Anfelt scripts, but I don't believe those are what is blocking the ability to enchant.)
Any news on when this might be fixed?

You should get a bard to loresing to the armor. There is more than likely another property that is blocking the temper.

JOEKUPS
did you assess the armor or otherwise use it so that it gets converted to the new system automatically? I believe it won't temper until that happens.

The first time you GET any piece combat equipment or use it in combat, it will automatically be converted. It doesn't need to actually be ASSESSED (and the latter doesn't do anything more than the former). The only times it would not automatically convert is if there was an actual problem with the item (unlikely, but possible) or if you were holding the item at the time of release and haven't stowed yet (thus have no had no need to actually GET <item>).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 09:53 AM CDT
What abut temp padded armor?

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 01:12 PM CDT
>>
The first time GET any piece combat equipment or use it in combat, it will automatically be converted. It doesn't need to actually be ASSESSED (and the latter doesn't do anything more than the former). The only times it would not automatically convert is if there was an actual problem with the item (unlikely, but possible) or if you were holding the item at the time of release and haven't stowed yet (thus have no had no need to actually GET <item>).

Awesome, thank you for the clarification!

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 03:12 PM CDT
Thanks for the responses.

JOEKUPS

I should've mentioned - I did have it assessed to try and ensure it was converted. (I also see now in Estild's response that I was being overly cautious in doing that.)

GS4-ESTILD
You should get a bard to loresing to the armor. There is more than likely another property that is blocking the temper.

I've definitely had it sung in the past and don't recall anything else on it, but I'll double check tonight when I'm in game.
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/28/2017 04:49 PM CDT
Wall of everything I know how to find about the armor:

INSPECT
You carefully inspect your {armor}
Your careful inspection of {armor} allows you to conclude that it is rigid leather armor that covers the torso, arms, legs, neck, and head.
You determine that you could wear the {armor} around your chest. The {armor} appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of mithglin.

ANALYZE
You analyze your {armor} and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "The item type should not change."
The creator has also provided the following information:
This item can be altered, but should not be altered into something broken, dull, or weak-looking, as the messaging indicates superior craftsmanship that is kept maintained.
The {armor} is fully unlocked.
You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the {armor} for you.

LORESONG
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the {armor} in your hand, and you learn something about it...
The first thing that strikes you about the {armor} is the weight, which is about 18 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 2,100,000 silvers. You can also tell that the {armor} is predominantly crafted of mithglin.
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the {armor} in your hand, and you learn something about it...
You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the {armor}. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the {armor} is as some type of defensive garment.
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the {armor} in your hand...
It has a bonus of +15 from a normal {armor}, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is rigid leather armor.
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the {armor} in your hand...
The harmonics generated tell you that the {armor} serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds.
You feel that you have reached the end of the {armor}'s song.

ASSESS
You assess the {armor} for structural weaknesses and strengths.
Careful examination indicates the {armor} has a base strength of 69 and a base durability of 375. You also determine the current integrity of the {armor} to be at 100.0%.
Examining the {armor} closely, it looks like it is padded against critical blows.

Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/29/2017 07:58 PM CDT
Assisted in game. After trying some more things, I can't even temper a fresh 0x dagger from the weapon shop.
Re: Enchanting padded armor 08/29/2017 08:22 PM CDT
Just to close this out ... Kebechet came by to assist and discovered I may have a touch of insanity. Partly, I made a bad assumption on messaging, partly things I know failed in the past (including the HCP armor) just tempered correctly. I'm going to try to put a timeline and exact logs with a post over in the enchanting folder in case anyone can tell me what I got wrong.