Critical Padding Stacking and Randomization 05/22/2017 05:52 PM CDT
So... I was piddling around the other day... when I got whacked with this:

The Crimson Count swings a claidhmore at you!
AS: +550 vs DS: +533 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +80 = +129
... and hits for 74 points of damage!
Body pulped to a gooey mass.
You ooze to the ground.
The layer of raw elemental energy surrounding you dissipates.

-tons of spam from being dispelled-

So, what's amazing about this hit is that it was a Tier 8 critical on a raw damage of 13. So that's +53 (/6 = Crit tier 8) base critical damage.

Tier 8 critical is +60 damage. I have 0 damage padding, and by the maths of claid versus leathers, it's 13.775. However, for critical calculations, decimals are truncated while blood loss is rounded.

So, to get a Tier 8 critical, the count must have inflicted 48 critical damage. We observed/calculated that he had hit for 53 critical damage.

What's truly amazing about this... is that I have a +34 CON bonus, HCP Doubles, and +9 Crit Padding from 520. By the maths, that's up to +27 Crit padding.

So my +27 Critical padding got randomized down to 5, the lowest it possibly can be, from as high as +27. The likelihood of that would be 1/23.

Furthermore, post crit padding randomization, a Tier 8 critical has an outcome of a 5, 6, 7, or 8 critical. So I had the 1/4 outcome of the strike remaining at critical tier 8.

The total likelihood of this outcome is 1/92. I realize rarer things have happened in Gemstone (see my horrid Reim lottery odds), but, I'd just like SOMEONE from the GM side to let me know if there's something erroneous in my maths/assumption/knowledge base. Particularly the stacking nature of critical padding from multiple sources. Does CON stack additively with Armor? Do those stack additively with 520? Is it a linear distribution between 5 and the total?

Thank you for any additional information or insight you can provide.

~Whirlin