Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 10:22 AM CDT
Just want to bring it to the attention of staff that I have, as a Mentor, helped two newbies in the past week or two who cannot get the trainer to launch using the GOAL command in the WebFE. Given that this is the default FE that they are exposed to, this is a kind of significant issue of some sort. I feel like it has to have something to do with security settings or popup blockers but even having them mess with their browser and security settings has not worked in either case. The only way I could fix it for them was to get them using Stormfront.

Mohrgan glances between Mohrgan and Mohrgan.
Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 10:28 AM CDT
More specifically, what seems to happen is they type GOAL, and it gives the "Attempting to launch the web skill manager..." message... and nothing happens.

Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 10:42 AM CDT
One workaround I have found for when this (occasionally) happens to me is that I simply copy the URL that is generated in the game window and paste it in my browser URL line to get it to launch.

This may help the new folks as a workaround at the very least.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 10:44 AM CDT

did you ask if they had a popup blocker active? I just tested and it worked for me after I turned it off.
Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 11:01 AM CDT
And I realize I'm showing my age, but there's always "go to a town Inn and use "check in"" as an option.
Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 11:08 AM CDT
Definitely had them messing with, adding exceptions and outright disabling pop-up blocker, didn't work. Was my first thought. Dunno if its a plugin or ActiveX thing or what. In both cases, switching to stormfront fixed it right away.

Re: Newbies and the WebFE 07/03/2017 11:41 AM CDT

>In both cases, switching to stormfront fixed it right away.

that should actually be the first move. when you log into the browser there should be a message telling newbies to download stormfront asap and forget the browser FE ever existed except for login rewards.