armor question 03/01/2011 01:53 PM CST
here's the situation in list form:

Full leathers: heavy damage padding + fire resistance
Arm Greaves: heavy crit padding + impact resistance
Leg Greaves: Heavy crit padding

Can someone give me the levels of padding and resistance listed out by body area?

Torso -
Arms -
Legs - heavy crit padding only?
Head - nothing I think I am safe to say

Asked a GH who asked the GMs that were around and they didn't have enough familiarity with the systems to give me a good answer. Main issue is the damage type resistances and how they complicate the issue.

Would also appreciate any recommendations....eg should I get rid of the fire resistance or something?

Thanks for your help!

~Moredin
Re: armor question 03/01/2011 02:01 PM CST

Torso - HDP + Full fire resistance
Arms - SWDP + SWCP + Full Fire Resist + Full Impact
Legs - HCP
Head - HDP

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: armor question 03/01/2011 11:09 PM CST
wow, if you're right, that's much better than I expected. but I thought "resistances to a certain damage type" also cut padding in half also though?

and does the head really have damage padding or is that a typo?

lastly, I'm assuming Sunfist sigils will stack directly?

thanks again for the answers.
~Moredin
Re: armor question 03/01/2011 11:14 PM CST
>and does the head really have damage padding or is that a typo?

If I'm remembering correctly, your head would have the equivalent coverage of the next armor type down, plus the bonus of the padding associated with the torso armor.

If you're wearing rigid leather (leather breast plate for example) that offers HDP, then your head would have the equivalent of soft leather coverage with the damage padding bonus. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken, but that's how I do believe it works.

-Drumpel
Re: armor question 03/01/2011 11:33 PM CST
>I thought "resistances to a certain damage type" also cut padding in half also though?

Layered, yes. On the same armor piece, no.

>does the head really have damage padding or is that a typo?

Nope, damage padding cover the whole body.. and actually..

Your legs are only getting SWCP. My bad.

>I'm assuming Sunfist sigils will stack directly?

Yes

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: armor question 03/02/2011 10:07 AM CST
OK a lot of people I asked weren't sure because of the damage type resistances involved.

Do you think I should stop getting heavy damage padding from the AdGld on my fulls and just rely on sigil of minor protection?

other thoughts?

~Moredin
Re: armor question 03/02/2011 10:19 AM CST
Are you doing Bandits? I've found damage protection was great at weathering the storm as they pecked you to death once you've been knocked and CMANed into offensive. If you're rarely getting hit, I would go with whatever would blunt the primary form of damage you take, which would likely be from spells or critter maneuvers.
Re: armor question 03/02/2011 11:23 AM CST
That's crazy.. so if I get my torso armor padded my whole body automatically gets it? Only reason I'm asking this again is because it seems to good to be true.

Hope it is, though.

Player of
Relvar
Re: armor question 03/02/2011 11:31 AM CST
Armor has an effect on damage over the entire body, regardless of what is covered by the armor's primary Armor Group.

For example, if you are wearing a leather breastplate you will have "rigid leather" on the torso area. However, leather breastplate also provides "soft leather" damage factor coverage on all other body locations. Therefore, if you have any padding on a set of armor, all the body areas are affected by it.

-James-
player of Fremie

Mirayam says, "You are not a rogue, sir."

Mirayam exclaims, "You are noble!"
Re: armor question 03/03/2011 03:25 PM CST
>For example, if you are wearing a leather breastplate you will have "rigid leather" on the torso area. However, leather breastplate also provides "soft leather" damage factor coverage on all other body locations.

not to complicate things, but dont leather breastplate wearers also get the crit divisor coverage of double leathers on legs, arms, and head? yet breastplate with crit padding doesn't extend that additional padding elsewhere?

~Moredin
Re: armor question 03/03/2011 03:31 PM CST
>dont leather breastplate wearers also get the crit divisor coverage of double leathers on legs, arms, and head?

Yes

>yet breastplate with crit padding doesn't extend that additional padding elsewhere?

Padding on the main torso armor (regardless of the actual ASG) extends that padding to all body parts.

-farmer

-Strath

Re: armor question 03/03/2011 03:36 PM CST
I'm reasonably sure that partial armors that are padded extend that padding to the entire body -- with the changes you mentioned Moredin about divisor, and with the changes required by the padding updates from Warden and Coase (see hyperlink).

"Padded partial armor has been restored to allow its padding to give full protection to partially covered areas by default."

Excerpted from -- http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Changes_to_padding_and_damage_weighting_%28saved_post%29#Armor_Accessory_.26_Padding_Changes_-_REVISIONS

Doug