Mana Disruption Flares 12/23/2010 02:43 PM CST
I recently acquired a weapon that has 702 flares. It was considerably more expensive than, say, an equivalent acid-flaring weapon. Other than novelty, is there any reason this would be more valuable? If I had to, I'd guess it had something to do with critter immunity (is anything immune to 702?), but then again, not much is resistant to acid, either. Anyone?

-Dan
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 12/23/2010 02:53 PM CST
rarity, for one.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 12/23/2010 02:54 PM CST
Oh, and a very cool weapons for a swinging sorcerer, of which there are very, very few of.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 12/23/2010 05:18 PM CST
>Other than novelty, is there any reason this would be more valuable?

If it's my old bandoleer, it's more valuable due to the flare itself not being commonly offered, let along finding a GM able/willing to work with that type of weapon.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Mana Disruption Flares 12/23/2010 08:17 PM CST
It's a bastard sword for my little warrior.

So novelty, then. The flares seem pretty nice, but it doesn't seem to death crit particularly often. The messaging is cool, though.

Thanks.

-D
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 01/05/2011 05:51 PM CST
I have flare that seems pretty nice, but I don't seem to death crit particularly often. The messaging is cool, though.

Chuckle...

Magarven the Mad
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 01/05/2011 06:52 PM CST
One plus is nothing will be immune, and it will never set off an environmental hazard.
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 01/05/2011 09:34 PM CST
>One plus is nothing will be immune, and it will never set off an environmental hazard.

Will an acid flare set off an environmental hazard?
Re: Mana Disruption Flares 01/06/2011 07:48 AM CST
Nothing comes to mind.