Slash vs Crush Criticals 12/01/2010 12:14 AM CST
I'm not sure if this is the right folder for this, but..

In looking at the critical tables, crush seems to outdo slash pretty easily - crush kills with a rank 5 wound to the head and neck, whereas it takes slash a rank 6 in both. Slash does better on the eyes by a rank, but they are harder to hit. They are comparable in terms of amputation, which seems a bit off - has anyone ever tried to cut a piece of meat with a hammer before?

I personally think slash damage should be more likely to amputate than anything else, and also should be more likely to kill at the neck than it currently is, but less likely to kill on the head. There are tons of vital structures that are especially susceptible to cutting in the neck, whereas the head protects a lot of whats inside with the skull. I think a slight shift in the tables to slash killing on a rank 4 and above to the neck, but staying at rank 6 or even going to rank 7 to the head would fix that.
Re: Slash vs Crush Criticals 12/01/2010 02:44 AM CST
I don't think it's worth changing.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath