We need access to a (grip-able) ohb/thw 07/15/2018 09:37 AM CDT
There are several grippable pole arms allowing for folks to use a shield when more defense is needed, and OHE has bastard swords, and bastard axes, but there are no OHB's that this can be done with.

I think the logical choice would be to make flails grippable, so to be flail base when swung with both hands, or as morning Star base when swung one handed and used with a shield.

The wiki describes them to be nearly identical in looks with the flail being bigger.
Re: We need access to a (grip-able) ohb/thw 07/15/2018 01:01 PM CDT
I'd be tickled pink to see a grip-able script for blunt to match the one for bastard axes. Maybe a merchant to show up and offer both?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: We need access to a (grip-able) ohb/thw 07/15/2018 09:59 PM CDT
There are actually two or three extant. (Or there were, several years ago, when Mikos hosted a weapons seminar in-game.)
A morningstar-flail is in fact one of them, and the best.
The one I had was a cudgel-quarterstaff, so basically... usable for defense. <nod>
I believe he mentioned another, but I don't recall what it was.

Ardwen has mine in his shop, now, I believe... :) Look for the ithloss jo staff.

Short version, though: yeah, about as common as frog-fur cloaks.
Re: We need access to a (grip-able) ohb/thw 07/15/2018 10:01 PM CDT
Oh, and since we have the switchblade script already (with the wooden hilts that pop out weapon blades), I don't see any reason why would couldn't have [rune]staff/naginata switchblade weapons....
Re: We need access to a (grip-able) ohb/thw 07/16/2018 09:40 AM CDT
From the archives:

Category: Strategies & Tactics
Topic: Weapons & Armor Discussion
Author: FEATHER
Posted: Aug 11, 1997 08:36:02

Mikos says, "There will be more brawling weapons added, but don't expect them soon. We'll be looking them over closely and adding them slowly. Besides the bastard sword, a hand-switchable blunt weapon will be in the next batch of new weapons. Call it a bastard flail or bastard mace if you like."

Sadly, neither my home nor work computer seems to have the seminar that I was actually thinking of, wherein I asked about 1HCrush/2Hand bastard weapons while pointing at mine, and got told that there already were others around & which weapons they were.