Blessing Sheath 09/10/2017 12:49 PM CDT
Hey guys, hope this is the right place to post this.

Does anyone else use a blessing sheath?

Since the new weighting/padding changes, the sheath is unable to bless anything with properties that it should be able to. As far as I know the sheath has never had any restrictions and is able to bless anything that is blessable.

I've tested some weapons, and many of the items it cannot bless can be either voln blessed or cleric blessed. Do blessing sheaths need an update to the script to work properly with the new changes?

Thank you
Re: Blessing Sheath 09/10/2017 01:07 PM CDT
Hey, I forgot to ask yesterday.

Were one of the items you tried a plain jane type blessable?

The mattock is HDW and so would be more difficult. Voln mastery only got a couple swings per bless it seemed and a Voln member would probably get no bless and cleric or paladin + cleric maybe more I'd think. What I mean there are probably bless source levels and the sheath may be on par with a pure potion or lower stepped Voln member (or maybe young cleric with no lore?).

But yea if it does not even bless a 4x plain dagger, the script needs updating.
Re: Blessing Sheath 09/10/2017 01:25 PM CDT
I have one of those sheaths in a locker (thanks for reminding me!) that I plan on testing out later today with a 5x perfect forged weapon (no other fancy features).

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Blessing Sheath 09/10/2017 02:38 PM CDT
These sheaths have already been updated as part of the WPS updates and appear to be working properly.

Blessing weighted weapons is dependent on the amount of charges the source would apply vs the amount of weighting on the item. Blessing sheaths typically apply a lot fewer charges than cleric or voln bless, so are more limited in the amount of weighting they will bless.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Blessing Sheath 09/10/2017 08:44 PM CDT
Validation that the sheaths do work on 5x perfect weapons!

>put broad in my scabb
You put a perfect mithril broadsword in your modwir scabbard.
>rub my scabb
The modwir scabbard becomes warm for a moment as you rub it, and barely audible whisperings fill the air. A slight mist rises from the mithril broadsword inside the scabbard.
>get broad from my scabb
You remove a perfect mithril broadsword from in your modwir scabbard.
>examine my broad
You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Speelgutz's crafting mark. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the broadsword.

-- Robert

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Blessing Sheath 09/11/2017 02:47 PM CDT

Now if I could only find a way to get the one that I have recharged.