Adamantine 07/10/2017 01:29 PM CDT

I have an adamantine wakizashi (short sword). However; I have yet to see it actually break anything or even disarm it since I've been a two weapon combat paladin (unless my eyes are too tired to spot it but I would like think I would have since I've been wanting to see it work / in action!)

Is it super duper rare? To give an idea: I know I've slain at 600+ creatures of same level (based off paladin bonding progress, but I was swinging it before even starting to bond it so I feel it's a good range) and haven't seen "the magic" happen once so I'm questioning if my blade is bugged or I'm just having that bad of luck with the dice.

Thank you in advance for any input.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Adamantine 07/10/2017 05:18 PM CDT
If the ST/DU of whatever you're fighting is unusually high, that could be what's preventing it if the wiki's accurate. If it's a weapon that crumbles when you pick it up, you should still be able to ASSESS it if you can DISARM or otherwise get the critter to drop it without killing it... though you might want to move to another room to actually assess.

Of course, it would prolly be easier to go stand in a room full of kobolds and see what happens... unless the "additional hidden/unknown factor" is that the critter has to be of similar age to you...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.