Requests for new approved weapon alter nouns 02/04/2017 03:31 PM CST
Not sure if this is quite the proper place for it, but I have a couple of requests to share.

1. "Greatmace" for the maul weapon base. We have tetsubo, which is the same basic idea: a large, heavy, basic studded club - not just for erithi anymore!

2. "Sickle" for the scimitar weapon base. The case for this is similar to the above: we have kama, which are roughly the same shape and serve the same function outside of combat. I was actually surprised that this one didn't already exist, because I have bought and used sickles in years past.

I feel both of these would make excellent additions in their own right, while providing some flavorful new options for those of us who would prefer to leave the Erithian names for things to the erithi.
Re: Requests for new approved weapon alter nouns 02/05/2017 02:12 AM CST
<2. "Sickle" for the scimitar weapon base. The case for this is similar to the above: we have kama, which are roughly the same shape and serve the same function outside of combat. I was actually surprised that this one didn't already exist, because I have bought and used sickles in years past.>

I would think this would be more a pole-arm based weapon.... but then I'm thinking of what the Grim Reaper carries and I'm not sure what you have in mind.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Requests for new approved weapon alter nouns 02/05/2017 05:58 AM CST
Grim Reaper - scythe
Soviet flag - (hammer and) sickle

Similar jobs done with them, but the sickle is a one hander and the scythe is pole mounted.