Impure Coraesine Weapon Was Disarmed but Jannisary Didnt Pick it Up 05/08/2016 04:49 PM CDT

Hello All,

So interesting thing happened. I was disarmed by a Jannisary in the OTF, it was an attuned impure coraesine weapon new style. Neither it nor a scout tried to grab it. So Iam wondering if creatures wont try to grab it? What happens If I get killed and no one can pick up my weapon? Does it stay in the room? Thanks

Jason
Re: Impure Coraesine Weapon Was Disarmed but Jannisary Didnt Pick it Up 05/08/2016 05:09 PM CDT
There is a very good chance that once you depart your weapon will be picked up by the janitor (lost).

Simu seems to have some sort of 'secret policy' where they might replace your weapon one time if you ask nicely and the day of the week ends in a 'y' and probably some other criteria but it would likely be best to avoid going that route if at all possible.

If some player wanders by and picks it up then you'll need to track them down and get it back though.

If you do lose your weapon do an ASSIST and at whoever responds should be able to tell you if the janitor or a player got your weapon (but not which player).

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: Impure Coraesine Weapon Was Disarmed but Jannisary Didnt Pick it Up 05/08/2016 10:40 PM CDT
>Simu seems to have some sort of 'secret policy' where they might replace your weapon one time if you ask nicely and the day of the week ends in a 'y' and probably some other criteria but it would likely be best to avoid going that route if at all possible.

Actually, I don't think this policy is a secret. I have used it myself. One replacement of a lost item per account per life of that account. I was never told there was any other criteria. I was simply told that it was absolutely a one-tome thing, so I had better be sure I waned the item badly enough to sue this one-time opportunity. The GM did not make that huge a deal of it.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Impure Coraesine Weapon Was Disarmed but Jannisary Didnt Pick it Up 05/09/2016 08:26 AM CDT
I called it a 'secret policy' because it isn't spelled out anywhere.

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: Impure Coraesine Weapon Was Disarmed but Jannisary Didnt Pick it Up 06/05/2016 04:43 AM CDT

Seems like a good time to remind everyone to REGISTER everything you value. Personal rule of thumb: If I am going to miss it enough to assist over it, I should probably register it. Also consider utilizing the MARK verb to keep from accidentally selling some of your nice valuables.

Also, if your item gets worked on; altered, lightened, enchanted, etc - you should re-register it. Yes, I know, people respond to this with "the merchant does that", but don't assume the merchant did that and do it yourself!

Not sure if it's registered? I like to do the old 'inv container' every once in a while, check what containers I've got on me, open all of them, then 'inv full' it up.. check my whole inventory and see what is registered, what is marked, and what is not.

and also: DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING ON THE GROUND. If you value it, do not put it on the ground. Get a friend to hold it if you need to swap it or temporarily lighten your load or something along those lines.

And especially! Do not enchant while drunk! And if you do then do NOT place your backpack containing 2 perm flare adding fletching razors, 250+ pieces of piercing jewelry, and a practically one-of-a-kind infinite piercing kit on the ground...