Smart Weapons 02/23/2016 10:40 AM CST
I've found minimal information on smart weapons, and bought a couple during the last Spitfire. The information I did find says they attune to the player. Does this attuning come from killing critters, or does it come from simply using the zests on the weapon itself? Also Xerria recently unlocked my sledgehammer and analyze does not give any information about further unlocking. Is there only one level of unlocking on smart weapons? When the weapons do attune is there anyway to check this attunement to the character? IE Bard lore song, 405 etc...
Lastly, when a smart weapon fully attunes it just gives you more zest options correct? It does not give any mechanical benefit right?
Re: Smart Weapons 02/23/2016 12:09 PM CST
Does this attuning come from killing critters, or does it come from simply using the zests on the weapon itself?

Verb traps.

Also Xerria recently unlocked my sledgehammer and analyze does not give any information about further unlocking. Is there only one level of unlocking on smart weapons?

Yes

When the weapons do attune is there anyway to check this attunement to the character? IE Bard lore song, 405 etc...

Not sure, other than messaging on the verbs

Lastly, when a smart weapon fully attunes it just gives you more zest options correct? It does not give any mechanical benefit right?

Just fluff
Re: Smart Weapons 02/25/2016 03:48 PM CST
Thank you for your information.
Re: Smart Weapons 03/01/2016 12:13 PM CST

Also fair warning... smart weapons unattune really easily. So never hand it off for someone to play with unless you want to reattune.
Re: Smart Weapons 03/30/2016 02:14 AM CDT
Not a big issue, as it takes about 8 minutes of solid playing with verb traps to fully attune them.

Once attuned, like it was said before, it is just fluff verb stuff. But it removes the RT from those verbs for one and it enables the scintillating option for the short description.