Bone weapons - common items? 08/31/2015 12:19 PM CDT
I don't rightly pay much attention to weapon material. Out of curiosity, are bone weapons a common place?

I've got a rat bone scimitar that's been in my locker for many years and I don't recall every coming across many other bone weapons. I did have a rat bone dagger, too, but for the life of me I can't remember what happened to it (sold or gave it away or simply lost it on a long past used character).

On a side note, does bone armor or shields exist?

Thanks,
-Drumpel
Re: Bone weapons - common items? 08/31/2015 12:29 PM CDT

Does your scimitar INSPECT as bone or is that simply the short description of it. There are bone items out there. I'd have to visit my locker and inspect a few items to see what material it says but I have a few of those petrified rib cage shields in my locker. Icemule armor shop used to sell something like a bone breastplate before the shop revamp last year. It was the equivelant of MBP, I think I got one enchanted up to 4x in preparation for a future project before it was removed.

Also, a fletcher can make bone arrows/bolts. You'd hack up bones from skinning skeletal giants iirc. Fun fun.
Re: Bone weapons - common items? 08/31/2015 12:45 PM CDT
>>Does your scimitar INSPECT as bone or is that simply the short description of it.

It inspects as bone:

>inspect my scimitar
You carefully inspect your rat bone scimitar.
After a careful inspection you determine that a rat bone scimitar requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of bone.

I did enchant it to 4x, this was right after the change over on the enchanting system:

>prep 405
>cast my scimitar
The underlying patterns of essence within the rat bone scimitar indicate that it has been enchanted, and you notice your own enchanter's mark on it. You recognize the vibrant green aura surrounding it as indicating a moderate level of enchantment.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I had a bone dagger that was made of bone, too....wish I could find it. Oh well.

>>Icemule armor shop used to sell something like a bone breastplate...

I do have some bone breastplate armor that I've taken to 4x, but it's made of glaes and not bone.

-Drumpel
Re: Bone weapons - common items? 08/31/2015 07:31 PM CDT

What about the old fishspine swords?
Re: Bone weapons - common items? 08/31/2015 10:18 PM CDT
>>What about the old fishspine swords?

I remember there were two versions and if I remember correctly.....

a fishspine sword (fairly crit weighted)
a fish spine sword (i think this one had a lot of crit weighting)

Not sure what material they're made of. I'd venture to guess steel.

-Drumpel
Re: Bone weapons - common items? 09/03/2015 09:12 PM CDT

There are some bone spears from some enemy that I am forgetting now that also inspect as bone, and there are some 3x falchions around that inspect the same, but I haven't seen that many, all things considered.