Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 02/23/2015 11:35 PM CST
Up until about January 3rd, wearing my armor used to often give about 20 seconds of RT. I don't have many intervening logs trying to wear it, and maybe for a couple days near the 18th my new 150 ranks of Armor Use started getting me better hidden rolls or something. For example, this one:

2015-01-18-11.log:>wear my plate
2015-01-18-11.log-You work your way into a suit of imflass full plate with a gleaming white ora pauldron on the left shoulder.
2015-01-18-11.log-Telum hoots.
2015-01-18-11.log-Alanga giggles.
2015-01-18-11.log->armor fluid tel

The next day, and since that time, there is no messaging of any kind to indicate I put my plate on. I'm fairly certain I encountered one other player with this issue in that time, but it might take more careful log file parsing to find it. I can only guess this has to do with the armory-thinger at the Adv Guild or the stuff with the enhancive paues. GMs can determine what happened in between these dates. Also note that my dates for log-files are about 14 hours off, since I'm on the other side of the dateline than North America (so the 19th for me might be the 18th for you).

Note I have literally removed nothing from this log clip.

2015-01-19-2.log:>wear my plate
2015-01-19-2.log->l
2015-01-19-2.log-[River's Rest, Town Commons]
2015-01-19-2.log-Fresh green grass, green as the greenest emerald, is soft underfoot and a pleasing foreground for a weathered wooden bench resting in the shade of a graceful willow tree. Birdsong fills the air and intermingles with the voices of folk who stroll through the commons, and on occasion stop to exchange a tale or two with friends they meet along their way. A dusty path to the south and a riverstone walkway to the north are joined by a tall evergreen hedge which borders the edges of the lawn. You also see an oval mahogany cart with some stuff on it and a large wooden barrel.
2015-01-19-2.log-Obvious paths: none
2015-01-19-2.log->armor fluid
2015-01-19-2.log-You adjust your imflass plate, making it easier for you to cast spells.
2015-01-19-2.log-Roundtime: 5 sec.
2015-01-19-2.log-[ Armored Fluidity: +4:00:00, 3:59:59 remaining. ]
2015-01-19-2.log->i
2015-01-19-2.log-You are wearing a pewter-bound silk badge, a braided gold ring, a deeply hooded storm blue cloak with billowing sleeves, a rune-etched garnet band, a periwinkle blue hood, a pink topaz inset platinum torc, a ruby amulet, a crystal amulet, a suit of imflass full plate with a gleaming white ora pauldron on the left shoulder, a handsomely tooled leather harness with a perfect steel flail secured to it, a flailing crimson kobold lass pin, a tiny detailed wooden cutter pin, some padded halfling-sized coudieres, some pale blue bearskin gloves, some reinforced black leather pants, a twisted multi-colored belt, a black lizard's head talisman, a black lizard's head talisman, a black lizard's head talisman, and a thigh-strapped slim vaalorn kit.
2015-01-19-2.log-Click INVENTORY HELP for more options.

This effect has been continually reproducible since that time. It's a nice "feature" to never get RT putting on full plate, but the lack of any messaging at all is definitely a bug (and pretty disturbing the first few times it happens to your 22 pound, 8x, grapple flaring, T4 Voln plate; wear my armor...nothing happens...glance at my hands...nothing!)

I already BUGged this in game, and I've considered issuing a REPORT since it seems kind of serious. Let me know what else I can tell you about this phantom armor, or if I should really figure out who else said they experienced it.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 02/24/2015 08:09 AM CST
Same issue on my Volned brig. Spoke to a Host a couple of nights ago and was told it was being looked into by the powers that be. Just FYI.
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 02/24/2015 01:50 PM CST

I may be crazy and it's been about 5 or so years since I've really played consistently so I might be wrong but....

I thought if you tried to wear armor on a node it bypassed the RT.
Can you try re-wearing it outside of a node to see if you get the RT again?
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 02/24/2015 01:54 PM CST
>> I thought if you tried to wear armor on a node it bypassed the RT.

I just tested that in Mist Harbor Gardenia Commons (A node?) and it took 20 seconds to wear my armor.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 02/24/2015 06:16 PM CST

I did an assist on this, and then bugged it in game, not sure how long ago.
Only my Voln armor was affected. All others kept the wear RT.
As near as I can tell, only wear RT is affected.

I did get a 'something is wrong with your armor' type message when it happened. I was retrieving it from my locker at the time. I see a similar 'something is broke' type message all the time when pouring oil inot the trough in the forge, but it is usually attributable to coming into game with oil in my hand, or the system otherwise somehow not knowing which oil I had in mind (but did not specify), and instead going for the one it chooses.

Do you have any recently acquired new items? (like the griffin pin maybe?)

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 03/01/2015 01:43 AM CST
>Do you have any recently acquired new items? (like the griffin pin maybe?)

Doubtful within the one day I narrowed down the release.

Besides his weapon, armor, and possibly cloak, this character mostly has junk items.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 03/01/2015 01:52 AM CST
>Same issue on my Volned brig. Spoke to a Host a couple of nights ago and was told it was being looked into by the powers that be. Just FYI.

Thanks Kirael. Glad to know there was a comment from staff acknowledging the problem. That's my main thing. Heck, I don't mind wearing full plate consistently with zero RT, but it's something that starts to get into a territory of bug abuse if you realized it's happening from a bug and don't make the point to convey the information to staff.

Not that I've changed my behavior at all because of this bug, but every single time it happens my conscious is like "STOP THAT CHEATING, DAID!"

Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 03/01/2015 01:54 AM CST
>every single time it happens my conscious is like "STOP THAT CHEATING, DAID!"

Well, it does happen when I'm awake, but I mean my conscience, obviously.

Re: Wearing (Voln) plate with no messaging or RT 03/07/2015 03:45 PM CST
This bug is now fixed for me.

Thank you mysterious GM!