MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/20/2015 07:19 PM CST
The formula on GSWiki doesn't appear to work right, as its written at least. Anyone know the correct formula?

My agidex is 3. Swinging a claid with base speed 8. 1 swing = 5 seconds.

Two swings = 10 seconds
Three swings = 12 seconds

The formula on GSWiki is Roundtime = Weapon Speed + ((Number of Strikes - 1) * (Weapon Speed / 2)) + 1

For my two swings, that should be 5 + (2.5) + 1 = 8.5 = 9? but its 10
For my three swings, that should be 5 + (2 x 2.5) + 1 = 11 or 12 depending on rounding, it IS 12...

Help!

Thanks!
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/20/2015 10:03 PM CST
Are you encumbered at all? If not, does the total weight or everything you're wearing/carrying (including armor) exceed your character's body weight?

The second one is usually only noticed with ranged RT, but it wouldn't surprise me if MSTRIKE was affected as well.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 01:47 AM CST
My case is 2 swings with a flail, AGI/DEX of 4. The practical value I get with no encumbrance is 7 seconds.

7+(1*7/2)+1=11.5
11.5-4=7.5
Trunc(7.5)=7 seconds

I can replicate your case for two swings with the calculation:

8+(1*8/2)+1=13
13-3=10 seconds

But I cannot reproduce your case for three swings:
8+(2*(8/2))+1=17
17-3=14 seconds

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong for the case of three swings with a claidhmore. However, you are using the result of Weapon Speed - AGIDEX as the "Weapon Speed" in the MSTRIKE calcuation, which I believe is wrong. My understanding of the MSTRIKE RT calculation was that AGIDEX was applied only once after the full calculation. However, I am also doing something wrong, since for three swings with a claidhmore and an AGIDEX of 3, I cannot reproduce your achieved value of 12 seconds.

At least for two swings, it seems I am using the formulation correctly?

I'm also curious to hear more input on this matter...

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 01:50 AM CST
Also, for what it's worth, Haste RT calculations truncate I think. Meaning like 1.9 seconds is 1 second RT. So, I've also assumed that these RT calculations truncate.

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 04:14 AM CST
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/MSTRIKE_update_(saved_post)

Category: Hunting and Combat
Topic: General Discussion about H&C
Message #: 3675
Author: GS4-COASE
Date: 5/26/2008 11:39:01 PM
Subject: MSTRIKE Update
The following updates have been made to the MSTRIKE verb:
The maximum amount of RT incurred via mstriking has been significantly lessened, particularly for large numbers of swings. In exchange, the duration of the mstrike recovery period has been generally increased...

This change caps RT (often at a much lower value) than the calculated value using the MSTRIKE formula on gswiki. The max unencumbered claidhmore 3 swing RT is 15 not the formula's 17 sec. result.

AGIDEX: 2

2 swings w/claid: 11 sec. [8 + (8/2) + 1 - 2]
3 swings w/claid: 13 sec. (actual)

awl-pike (9 sec. base)

1 swing: 7 sec.
2 swing: 12 sec.
3 swing: 14 sec. (actual)

Mark
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 04:41 AM CST
>At least for two swings, it seems I am using the formulation correctly?

Yes.

Its something like add half as much for the third swing as you did for the second and then it caps, but I haven't done the testing to detail it.
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 05:30 AM CST
It appears that there is both a MIN and MAX possible RT regardless of the number of swings when using mstrike that is based on weapon speed, AGIDEX and encumbrance. Note that encumbrance will only bring you up to the MAX, not over it. It appears the formula is accurate for 2 swing Mstrikes because the max RT usually isnt a factor. I used a no dachi (8 second base), TWC warhammers (6 second base) and a single warhammer (4 second base):

Weapon: two handed sword
AGIDEX: -3
Swings: 2
RT: 10

Swings: 3, 4
RT: 12

AGIDEX: -5
Swings: 2,3,4
RT: 10

Weapon: TWC warhammers
RT: 7

Swings: 3, 4
RT: 8

Swings: 2,3,4
RT: 6

Weapon: single warhammer
RT: 5

Swings: 3,4
RT: 8

RT: 5

swings: 3,4
RT: 6

It appears the MIN is whatever your base swing speed is (not weapon speed, as seen in both war hammer examples) and the MAX is where the grey area is for me. This works for me at the moment, but I cannot be certain without testing more AGIDEX, weapon speed and MSTRIKE swing combinations:

8 second base = 15 seconds - AGIDEX = MAX RT
6 second base = 11 seconds - AGIDEX = MAX RT
4 second base = 11 seconds - AGIDEX = MAX RT
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 06:58 AM CST
>Note that encumbrance will only bring you up to the MAX, not over it.

I have had the situation where MSTRIKE was faster than a normal swing as a result of this.
Re: MOC/Mstrike Roundtime formula? 01/21/2015 07:54 AM CST
Heh, that comes in handy when loaded down at the end of a hunt. The two things I want to know is if the min RT for my twc warhammers can get down to 5 seconds after achieving one more AGIDEX threshold and if the max RT stays the same for 5 and 6 swing mstrikes.

Another thing that is not on gswiki is the mstrike recovery period. Are we able to influence this with any stats or training?