Armor Use Points 09/16/2016 01:35 PM CDT
Been trying to figure this out in the wiki, but I can't grok it. So what is the idiot's guide to armor points? What should we consider- and avoid?
Re: Armor Use Points 09/16/2016 01:59 PM CDT
Do you mean Armor Use ranks, or Armor Training points?

If you are on the wiki, the difference between:

https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Use

and

https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Specialization
Re: Armor Use Points 09/17/2016 08:04 AM CDT
By points, I assume you mean Armor Specialization Points. Most warriors rush to 140 ranks for full plate and then stop training for a bit, so I'll base my advice on that many points:

Armor Support. Extra carrying weight is always awesome, and traditionally-trained warriors in heavy armor get a ton of use out of it. Train it to 4 ranks; that'll take you to 110 points.

At that point, you can train rank 1 of any of the 3 protections for 10% resist to that damage type at a cost of 3-4k per use. Not a bad tradeoff. If you don't use a shield, I'd recommend puncture resist for archers, especially if you like to do warcamps and bandits.

Once you pass level 73 and 150 ranks is under 2x, you can start thinking about spending more armor points. Personally, I wouldn't do it until you've filled out whatever secondary skills you want (ambush, MOC, survival, climb, swim) and are working on tertiary skills (perception/disarm, MIU/AS/Harness, trading, etc.). I'd drop the Puncture Resist, since your redux should be good enough to face-tank arrows in fullplate, and get 5 ranks of Support.

Support is really good. People are paying millions and millions of silver to get a 5-pound cloak or backpack lightened to 2 pounds. In full plate, each rank of Support lets you carry another 6 pounds.

Armor Reinforcement is a cool idea, but the proc rate is far, far too low to justify its use. That's been sticking in my craw for a while, so I'm going to go make a thread about it.
Re: Armor Use Points 09/17/2016 10:55 PM CDT
Very helpful. Thanks.