WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 03:15 PM CDT

I am trying to figure out the difference. My warrior does TWC. So I believe I need 3 ranks in WSPEC1 to bond my first weapon. Is WSPEC2 for an additional weapon? Same with WSPEC3? In case you wish to have a third weapon?

Thanks!

Lasindriel's confused maker :/
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 03:29 PM CDT
Yes. There are multiple WSPECs so you can specialize in more than one base weapon type.

You can use any of them WSPEC1/2/3 for the weapon you want to warrior bond to to meet the requirement.

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 03:42 PM CDT

Thanks! So if you use two OHE weapons can each of them be bonded to or only one?
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 04:01 PM CDT
You can only BOND to one weapon. You can get the weapon specialization bonus for any weapon of the base type you specialized in.

So if you had two handaxes (same weapon base) and bonded to one of them, you would get the bonding bonuses for the one weapon but you would get the WSPEC bonuses for both weapons.

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 04:36 PM CDT
Unless of course you're using a splitting weapon. In which case you bond to the combined weapon and retain your both with both when you split it.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 05:02 PM CDT
Yeah. I was sticking with the mechanics vs. the rare exception to the rule.

-- Robert

Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 05:06 PM CDT

Okay game mechanics challenged here. Splitting weapon? I take it we are not talking about chopping wood? :)

Maybe you mean my bastard sword? Can't it be used as both a two and one handed weapon?
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/08/2016 05:09 PM CDT
There are a small number of weapons (not weapon types, but specific weapons won at auctions, raffles, etc) that will split into two versions of the same weapon. So if you bonded to one of these weapons and then used its splitting feature, you would get the bonded benefit from both weapons.

You can still only bond to one weapon, but splitters have the ability to split into two copies of the one weapon (all properties including bonding benefits carried over to the copy).

-- Robert

Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/09/2016 11:02 AM CDT
And just to keep things in perspective: splitting weapons are rare and in high demand, and thus very expensive. If you're looking to buy one from another player, they usually start around the 8-figure range.
Re: WSPEC1 2 and 3 04/09/2016 11:17 AM CDT

No no, at this point I very much like her weapons. I am not sure I will ever change them. They rather suit her. :)