Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/20/2013 04:58 AM CDT

Hello! Back from a very long hiatus, as im sure we all end up coming back.

Basically: Open Mstrike, does it trigger executioner stance? Or is this only for specific blows?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/20/2013 05:21 AM CDT

oof, probably should delete my post.
I berserk, so I open Mstrike a lot. My hunting is solely dependant on stamina, as when I run out, I leave and go back to town.
My hunting also lasts about 60 - 90 seconds, from bell to fried in a warcamp.
The 40 stam cost that is paid when executioner is triggered would most certainly pop my muscles, as someone had complained a long long time ago about cmovement.

Perhaps its best to leave it be.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/20/2013 08:54 AM CDT
Its 40 stamina for 4 hours of executioner stance. You can do it in town so its not anything to worry about. It doesnt trigger on mstrikes though. Im not sure what level you are but eventually warcamp hunting you tend to(at least I do as an elf) to feint the casters, especially if they have wall of force up. Then just ambush their head and its pretty slick. If you ever start hunting that way executioner stance is pretty fantastic.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/20/2013 11:33 AM CDT
<The 40 stam cost that is paid when executioner is triggered would most certainly pop my muscles, as someone had complained a long long time ago about cmovement.

And combat movement, combat focus, and toughness are all now passive manuevers (no stamina used - add the DS, TD or HP all the time).
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/23/2013 07:20 AM CDT
Are we sure it doesn't trigger on an mstrike? Thought it had for me before. I don't think I've ever had it trigger during a berserk, though. I know it can trigger after a bonded weapon's double strike, that happens frequently for me. Perhaps that's what I'm thinking of.

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/24/2013 06:07 PM CDT

>>Are we sure it doesn't trigger on an mstrike? Thought it had for me before. I don't think I've ever had it trigger during a berserk, though. I know it can trigger after a bonded weapon's double strike, that happens frequently for me. Perhaps that's what I'm thinking of.

when you run out of stamina, you single attack....
do we know if executioner stance activates from those single attacks from berserk?
I really dont want to have to migrate all my cman points in, as its quite considerable.
I suppose play testing is the only choice we have? Worth a shot
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/24/2013 10:08 PM CDT
If it works like other Martial Stances, you should only have to pay the stamina cost to initially activate it for the full 4 hour duration. There shouldn't be any additional stamina cost thereafter.

>CMAN EXECUTIONER
You assume the Executioner's Stance, altering your grip and posture to minimize the loss of momentum when striking down a foe.

>spell active
You currently have the following active spells:
Executioner's Stance ............... 3:59:54

Was this helpful? I might not be understanding the entirety of the question being asked. :)

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/25/2013 02:27 AM CDT
Executioner's Stance does not trigger on mstrikes (that's Whirling Dervish's balliwack).

Coase
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/25/2013 10:30 AM CDT

Thank you very much GM's for answering the question.

Still, leaves me a bit foggy, but since the question of mstrikes not activating was answered, then here is my assumption with the data i've collected.

Berserk single attacks when stamina is expended, activate weapon bonding flares, which do not activate during mstrike.
Berserk single attacks when stamina is expended, SHOULD activate executioner stance bonuses. <
that there is the mystery, and I suppose someone who has both can figure it out for us.

Right now it costs (From nothing) 22 (I think) cman points to have the slightest 20% chance to execute and then sblow something.

Anyways, again GMs and players thank you for responding.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/25/2013 01:13 PM CDT
To get the first rank of executioners stance you just need 10 cman points(2 ranks of mblow + 1 rank exe stance) and to master it you only need 30. However, the sblow effect only activates once you get 5 ranks of sblow so add another 30 points for that. The creature tossing aspect is kinda expensive but nifty when it activates.
Re: Executioner stance and open mstrike 05/25/2013 03:00 PM CDT

>>However, the sblow effect only activates once you get 5 ranks of sblow so add another 30 points for that. The creature tossing aspect is kinda expensive but nifty when it activates.

3 ranks is all it takes. I picked that many up as I love the creature tossing addition to the stance.

Vehir