Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 11:02 AM CST
Have a question on warrior armor resistance (crush/slash/puncture), and I figured that this would be the best place to put it. And I have read the KP article, but want to make sure of some things.

1: if an armor has crit or damage padding, you needed higher rank fittings on it, correct?

2: If an armor already has intrinsic resistances on it, can you also put warrior resistances?

3: Do warrior resistances last a specific time (hours) or a specific amount of hits?

4: Finally, do they protect against some cmans? For example, would slash resistance protect against cman throat slash?

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 02:21 PM CST
The only one I know for sure is #3. Someone randomly put crush fittings on my empath's armor, and its been there for months because I try not to get hurt. So its an amount of hits, not time.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 02:28 PM CST
It's hits. Krakii has all the calculations.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Specialization
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 02:59 PM CST
If the armor is flared or provides a bonus to AS or TD, it requires sturdy fittings or better. If the armor being adjusted is padded, the quality of the fittings required is:

Common: May not be used with padded armor.
Sturdy: May be used with up to fairly padded armor.
Fine: May be used with up to decently padded armor.
Superb: May be used with up to very heavily padded armor.
Masterwork: No limit on level of padding.

If the armor is flared or provides a bonus to AS/TD, there is a -10 penalty to the resistance strength. If the armor is padded, there is a penalty of -5 per ASSESS level to a maximum penalty of -40.

This hasn't always been the case and no idea when this was rolled in either, interesting.

If the armor has resistances you can add warrior resistance as long as it isn't the same type as what is already present in the armor.

And I haven't seen slash protection helping against cut throat, so I would go with no on that.
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 03:55 PM CST
>If the armor has resistances you can add warrior resistance as long as it isn't the same type as what is already present in the armor.
TROUBLE13

Put another way, you can't put warrior crush resistance fittings on already permanent crush resistant full plate. But you can put warrior slash fittings.

>4: Finally, do they protect against some cmans? For example, would slash resistance protect against cman throat slash?

The best answer is.. Sometimes.

There's no real standard reason why some Cmans work with resistances and why others don't since some cmans are specifically designed to cut (so to speak) through anything and be effective. Others, apparently, aren't.

-farmer
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/23/2013 04:58 PM CST
Okay, thanks for the answers, folks.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/24/2013 02:54 PM CST
>>Someone randomly put crush fittings on my empath's armor, and its been there for months because I try not to get hurt. So its an amount of hits, not time.<<

You wimp! Empaths are the major hunters of all time! They take a licking and keep on ticking.

Let me put it this way ... you... can... heal... your ...own... wounds. OK, clerics can raise themselves from the dead, but ... we have a spell called Regen, which prevents death in the first place!

Oh dear, this is the warrior folder. My bad; please don't envy me too much. I will heal all you poor warriors for no fee.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Warrior Armor Resistances 02/24/2013 07:36 PM CST
>Let me put it this way ... you... can... heal... your ...own... wounds. OK, clerics can raise themselves from the dead, but ... we have a spell called Regen, which prevents death in the first place!

Actually, thats not it. Its that I'm naturally a hoarder, and I don't want the fittings to go away. I don't like getting hit because any crush damage hurts the fittings. Either way, they were there for basically forever.

Also, the empath was only level 24 until this morning, and didn't know Troll's Blood.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."