Blessing? 10/15/2012 07:00 PM CDT

I think I used to know the answer to this, but cannot recall. I recently tried to bless my battle axe only to have the thing jump out of my hands. I have also tried to bless another battle axe I purchased, only to have the blessing dissipate.

So, what is the trick? I enjoy the battle axe as a weapon of choice (and would like to use weapon bonding with a nice one...), however, I also have completed Voln and would like to use a weapon that can be blessed. Right now its a two-handed sword. SO, any hints, ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Islerogue
Re: Blessing? 10/15/2012 08:40 PM CDT
I remember something odd happening if it was a magic metal and you used the wrong symbol to bless it.. but it's been a long time since I've had to use symbols.
Re: Blessing? 10/16/2012 01:47 AM CDT
If the weapon jumps out of your hand when you try to bless it that means it is either weighted or flared or something not blessable.

>>only to have the blessing dissipate.

Did you look at the axe and make sure it is not blessed already?
Re: Blessing? 10/16/2012 07:30 AM CDT
>If the weapon jumps out of your hand when you try to bless it that means it is either weighted or flared or something not blessable.

Black ora? I thought it was cursed stuff that actually jumped out when you blessed it.
Re: Blessing? 10/16/2012 10:40 AM CDT
Black ora? I thought it was cursed stuff that actually jumped out when you blessed it.

Cursed weapons will disintegrate if you try to bless them. Be careful!

Chad/Nouvard
Re: Blessing? 10/16/2012 10:54 AM CDT
>Cursed weapons will disintegrate if you try to bless them. Be careful!

This was removed a year or two ago. If its still happening, its a bug.
Re: Blessing? 10/17/2012 12:09 PM CDT

If you are using the Symbol of Holiness, which is the way that you used to Voln Bless for more swings/magic metals, then that has changed. Now, all Voln Blessing is done via Symbol of Blessing, with the recent Voln updates.

Or if your weapon is edged or ebladed? You'd have to wear those off before blessing it.

*Mohrgan grins cheerfully*
Re: Blessing? 10/17/2012 05:07 PM CDT

Yes, was using Symbol of Blessing.

As to the magic on the blades, hadn't thought of that. Thank you.