(no subject) 09/03/2012 07:03 PM CDT

I have a question. I have a Dwarven warrior who has recently returned to the Lands. He was last active in GSIII and was a OHE Voln member with a lot of trains in brawling and dodging. He's only about 23rd train. I did not make many changes to his skills and, about thirty five days after he was back, Voln changed. I tend to hunt alone due to my schedule and inability to be on at regular times.

Embarrassingly, I have never truly studied the combat system/weapons/armor/redux, etc. I studied a guide for the proper long-term stat build, which has proven to work pretty well so far. I had help from an older player when I was in the lands before, so I had guidance for training. I need to learn the information behind it now, however, I think I have some serious gaps in my knowledge. I have tried to gather information from the boards, but they tend to deal with specific circumstances. I would like to find a comprehensive guide with the basics and, then, more advanced information on GSIV which would help me focus on pure warrior training. I want to be able to hunt my own level or higher.

I am preparing to make serious changes to my character, depending on what I am able to learn.

I am considering a move to a UAC warrior since I have trained pretty heavily in brawling and dodging for Voln. My concerns, for example, would be what type of armor I could use that would protect without massive RT problems. (If I go UAC, then I will remove the shield trains and max the armor to reduce RT, but I am seeking a guide to help me plan this.)

Oh, one other thing - off subject - I tend to find a bunch of objects which, when inspected, say that they "appears to serve some purpose". I have tried to find what this signifies, but have been unable. Does this mean the objects have some extra properties that need a Bard to determine?

Thank you in advance for any responses!

Islerogue
Waylund's controller
Re: (no subject) 09/03/2012 07:25 PM CDT
Since GS3? Really?

Oh crud; more than 30 days since you returned? Umm, you could have had 5 chances tochange your stats around, and migrated skills like crazy. This does not apply after 30 days. If you were in fact unaware of this, and so mssed your chance, I'd suggest doing an assist. Maybe you can get those chances to change back, since you were unaware of them.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: (no subject) 09/04/2012 03:37 AM CDT
>I tend to find a bunch of objects which, when inspected, say that they "appears to serve some purpose".

Inventory slots are separated into fluff and non-fluff. Usually this signifies that if you wear the object its going to use one of the functional inventory slots. However, the system doesn't recognise whether its actually fluff on a newly genned object a lot of the time, so newly genned loot almost always says this whether or not its fluff.

If you inspect something you are wearing and get that message, it means that its using a functional slot in your inventory.

e.g. in the following clip the sack is using a functional slot and the mirror is using a fluff slot.

>inspect sack
You carefully inspect your cloth sack.

You estimate that a neat cloth sack can store a medium-sized amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the sack, attaching it to your belt. The sack appears to serve some purpose.
>inspect mirror
You carefully inspect your round mirror.

You determine that you could wear the mirror around your neck.

>My concerns, for example, would be what type of armor I could use that would protect without massive RT problems.

At 23rd level the heaviest armor you can train enough for (70 ranks) is MBP.

Krakiipedia is the best source for general information. http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page