Been gone for a while, anything new? 03/30/2012 08:38 PM CDT
So, I've been gone for a while (around 2-3 years by best guess). Anything new on the warrior front? I have played since berserk auto mstriked, but I just logged in and noticed the new armor specializations, if that gives you any clue.
Re: Been gone for a while, anything new? 03/30/2012 09:02 PM CDT
The armor changes are easily read by typing armor and just reading up mostly. You also get a reduced AP for over training in armor.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Use

They also reduced the number of people needed for an audience to four, and you now only need 2 people to nominate for guildmaster and either a third to promote or you can use the resident master in the local guild.
Re: Been gone for a while, anything new? 03/31/2012 06:40 AM CDT
War cries and warrior trick appraise also have "all options..

ex) war cry all will do an area Carn's Cry that can immobilize/bind or scare off all critters in the room

Same for bellow and growl.

I'm sure there are new cmans since you last played and the costs were adjusted. Some like cman focus, cman movement, cman toughness are now passive and add the TD, DS, or HP permanently to your character.

Also, mstrikes are capped out at the max rt for 3 critters and no longer keeps increasing to ridiculous rt, but you may have been around for that.
Re: Been gone for a while, anything new? 03/31/2012 08:13 AM CDT
I'm in pretty much in the same boat as the tread starter, so hope you don't mind if i slip in a related question of my own. When i frst read about the Armor spec. My intial thought was oooh armor reinforcement, the only way i normally get rank 2 wounds is by wound stacking. But as i thought about it, it seems random stacking on top of random. Not only do you have to get hit, you have to then get hit in the same palce again then only a max of 35% chance of it having any effect anyway. Is this really all that noticeable? It is quick enough just to heal minors between fights, i belive the minor scars(and could well be wrong here) don't have any effect on combat, least not that i have noticed, so i leave them till back in town.

Then one final quick thing, my plan was to rush full plate nearly trippling armor and then stop. Is it now recomended to carry on doubling for the over training benefits or is that just a post cap perk?
Re: Been gone for a while, anything new? 03/31/2012 09:11 AM CDT
My take on reinforcement is the same as yours. Some warriors like it though. I eat lots and lots of rank 1 herbs but hardly any rank 2 so reducing that by perhaps 20% is trivial compared to an extra box before encumberance.

I have yet to find any system which is affected by minor scars. Major scars can have quite severe effects in lots of systems, and minor wounds have modest effects in quite a few systems, but I have yet to find anything other than looks that is affected by minor scars. Generally I am completely covered in them and only a major mauling when there is an empath available leads to me being clean. You can get away with major torso scars a lot of the time, but you still should carry some wingstem because major eye scars are bad news.

If there is something else you want to do with the points, do it. Otherwise you might as well keep on tripling. I only double armor in the first place, but I reckon to get 180 when I can get it at 2x, though I'll put the points elsewhere initially then rush armor to 180 as I approach 90.