ARMOR/CMAN verb question 03/21/2012 11:32 PM CDT
I don't play squares much, so was wondering about how migration works with ARMOR and CMAN.

my dwarf warrior has huge penalties when using CMAN TWIN, which is a bummer since I really liked that maneuver. so I want to untrain all of my ranks of that. question is, can I change it right back the same way you can with regular skills (via GOALS)? The migration system isn't really explained well in CMAN info.

I have the same question about ARMOR spec migration also. If I untrain a bunch of ranks in puncture, can I train it back if I realize I made a mistake?

and if not, why was it designed that way?

~Moredin
Re: ARMOR/CMAN verb question 03/22/2012 12:38 AM CDT
CMan and Armor skills all are instantly unlearned, with the points going into an unlearning pool. And it can be VERY slow depending on how many you have, with the first one going quicker and the remainder migrating slower with the rate resetting monthly. If you unlearn something, you cannot instantly relearn it. A fixskill will automatically migrate the unlearning pool to your available points pool.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: ARMOR/CMAN verb question 03/22/2012 04:29 AM CDT
The first points unlearn at a rate of 1 per 2hr 40min. It has been a while so I forget at which point the time doubles. There was one month I am sure I had it taking four times the beginning amount because I had moved around that many points, somewhere around 50.

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 2
Unlearning Combat Maneuver Training Points: 2
Estimated time until next point conversion: 2 hours, 38 minutes

Just to show you want it looks like. As James said unlearned things get put into your unlearning pool and once they have been 'unlearned' or whatever you want to call it they get moved to available. It is a lot like skill migration but not quite and runs on a different time table. Would be a bit easier if skill migration actually followed the same set up, the way the tp pools work has confused quite a few people the first time they migrate skills.
Re: ARMOR/CMAN verb question 03/22/2012 09:24 AM CDT
To clarify, you lose the unlearned ranks immediately, but the cman or armor points are what take a long time to migrate. Because of this, you can be better off just unlearning one rank at a time. It lets you keep some of the ranks longer, while not affecting the point recovery time.

- Metadi, the punny one