Two-Handed Weapons.................| 154 54
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 120 30
Physical Fitness...................| 154 54
Dodging............................| 120 30
Perception.........................| 120 30
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 45 9
Training Points: 94 Phy 395 Mnt

Before I got a chance to see your post this is what I used my first of 5 Fixstats on. I see you had a few things a bit different so if you feel its needed, like not going to 15 climbing, and picking up ambush, a little more perception and dodge etc, let me know if I should use another fix or if I can use the remaining pts to make it a bit better.

Thank you, I appreciate your time.
Re: Response 08/17/2011 06:55 PM CDT
Note that the fixstats are for stat changes. You don't want to use them up on skill changes, unless you're certain you don't want to change your stats.

- Metadi, the punny one
Re: Response 08/18/2011 02:52 PM CDT

Been awhile, and trying to get a handle on what's changed, and remember my training path. Couple of questions:

First, one of you old farts (yeah, Driz or Kerl, I'm lookin at you) come back to Teras and give me a pep talk on how great things are.

Second, what are the advantages to over training in various skills..specifically Armor, PT, Dodge..currently I'm at 155 Armor, slightly above 2x dodge. 2.5x in PT.

Also, forever I've been trained in one spell (101) just to have one preppable in areas where dispelling is common and constant. Not really an issue in the Temple. Worth keeping the spell, or unlearn to use the points elsewhere?

I still find the Temple pretty easy, with only swarms of Sentries or Greater Elementals being any danger at all. The new Rift area good for our types? I see Kerl's up there. Channel your Yoda here, and gimme some info!

Thundermin aka Boneboy
aka The Prettiest of Fiters
aka Feelin Noobish
Re: Response 08/18/2011 03:17 PM CDT
Well i'm not old as dirt but i'll see if i can help...

armor, in addition to the redux benefits if you overtrain enough you can reduce the maneuver penalty you get for wearing heavier armors.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Additional_Armor_Overtraining_Benefits_Implemented_%28saved_post%29

you also gain more armor points, which you can use for armor specialization skills, such as giving your armor temporary damage resistance or reducing encumbrance.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Specialization

that being said, most people tend to agree leaving armor at 140 a until a bit after cap since the benefits aren't that cost effective, and it's a secondary skill for redux.

physical training is great to train in. it's the primary redux skill, increases your health regen, increases max stamina and stamina regen, and is a big factor for determining maneuver defense, and it's cheap.

dodge, depends on your training style and how much you need physical defense. most people i know 1x it if sword/board, working on getting it to 2x if your THW/TWC/Pole is helpful. It's expensive so taking it to 3x is a huge investment, and I only know of a few who have tried.

from those skills at cap, as a twc user, i would shoot for 140 armor, 2x pt, 2x dodge, then pf to 3x. after that probably raising armor a little to get some more armor spec points. dodge to 3x as a "jesus why do i hate myself" kind of goal.

not a bad strat to avoid dispel. you can also get dull gold coins now. they have a spell in them called arcane decoy, which basically is just a dummy spell who's sole purpose is to be the first spell knocked off you when you're dispelled.
Re: Response 08/19/2011 01:31 AM CDT
Welcome back!

About the "learn one spell" thing. Someone pretty much killed that reason for learning one spell when they re-did dispell. Now days it'll get you killed as often as it will save you, as you can take damage when an invoked spell is stripped. And the way critters are designed, what would be a minor inconvenience vs a PC is a death sentance vs some critters. So don't go hunting with a spell prepped just to avoid the dispell anymore. It won't work and is dangerous instead of beneficial in today's game. You can still use the spell and spell yourself up though!

I would suggest getting your armor up to 280 ranks and PF up to 3x.

The new rift area, (the scatter) works for some folks but doesn't for others. You'll have to give it a try to see! I love it myself.

Kerl