2x Razorpaws/Paingrips WITH Flares 01/28/2014 11:10 AM CST
Trying to get around an annoying UAC issue so I'm looking to purchase some razorpaws or paingrips with flares. They appear to be rather elusive. Email me @play.net if you have some. Thanks!
Re: 2x Razorpaws/Paingrips WITH Flares 01/30/2014 03:19 PM CST
There was some 2x flaring stuff in Felthrops wagon a while back. I haven't checked if the inventory is the same recently. UAC gear rather than paingrips. It was a variety of flares at a variety of enchants so I don't know whether you'd find something useful.

For flaring paingrips I got the paingrips from Vaalor and had them flared using the autoflarer that turns up at a lot of festivals. All mine are 4x rather than 2x though but I've got masses of spares because the game got flooded with 4x flaring UAC gear not long after I had my paingrips made and I've never actually used any of them.
Re: 2x Razorpaws/Paingrips WITH Flares 01/30/2014 05:10 PM CST
The downside, of course, is that I'm now flaring with less-common flares rather than the awesome grapple flares on my gloves unless I somehow manage to scrounge up two razorpaws or paingrips with grapple flares. I doubt there's even one in existence. To top it off, I have to get three pieces of gear ensorcelled to get the flare chance equal! The only reason I use UAC weapons is to open up parry since I'm a warrior and not a monk which I thought was the point of UAC weapons (opening up access to older game systems without requiring code changes). Finros, please, if you see this, is there anyway to remove the flare reduction when using plain UAC weapons? I don't see the need to penalize using UAC weapons in this way.
Re: 2x Razorpaws/Paingrips WITH Flares 01/30/2014 05:11 PM CST
Sorry, I forgot which topic I was in. I did manage to find some flaring paingrips which is better than nothing but I'd really like a response from Finros (or another GM) that UAC is either working as intended or not.