Voln Literature Contest! 08/24/2011 10:54 AM CDT
Hi Everyone,

If you're a student of the Order of Voln's history, then you know that the Order prizes writings and the free discussion of ideas.

To that degree, I'll be holding a contest for any and all to submit examples of literature concerning the Order of Voln. Examples might be theological treatises, hagiographies, political thesises, poetry and prose, etc. Winners will receive the awesome recognition of seeing your work published in-game in a library of the Order. Submissions cannot necessarily be from a recognized historical figure (I.E., no tell all narratives from GrandMaster Alesander), but can be from individuals from a certain time period of the Order's history (and not necessarily from your current character.

Time: The contest will run 30 days from now, but I'll reserve the right to give folks a bit more time if they can show me work in progress. ;)

GM Scribes
Re: Voln Literature Contest! 08/24/2011 11:02 AM CDT
"political thesises" -- GM Scribes

"theses"

Unless you were playing off "treatises" (which is in fact correct)?

Give me a moment, let me get out my penes...

<flee!>
Re: Voln Literature Contest! 08/24/2011 11:28 AM CDT
By (and not necessarily a current character) should we take that to mean it can't be from our current, or shouldn't be?

At least in Platinum, my character is an incredibly active member of the Order and Voln's faith, a paladin of Voln no less. This seems like an ideal place to explore both his ambitions and deeper thoughts on the matter of the Order's task.
Re: Voln Literature Contest! 08/24/2011 02:20 PM CDT
Theses, thesises, Thesii....meh. -_-

I realized I neglected to add, please send all entries or questions to my play.net address. (I'll also answer questions here!)

In regard to...

<<By (and not necessarily a current character) should we take that to mean it can't be from our current, or shouldn't be?

This should be read to mean, you're not restricted to having a current PC be the author of the document. If you want to create some monk who lives in a cage on top of a pillar in Aldora and write from her perspective, then you're totally free to do so. In the Emperor's english, ...authorship is not restricted to your current character. :D

GM Scribes
Re: Voln Literature Contest! 08/24/2011 02:21 PM CDT
Likewise...(am I scatterbrained today or what?)

...if you want to author a piece under the name of a current character of yours, you sure the heck can.

GM Scribes