W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/23/2018 08:39 AM CDT
Up on the calendar for this Sunday afternoon. There will be a few people selected for W/P/S work and then a few more for flare adding afterwords!

ASGM
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/23/2018 10:15 AM CDT
If it is supposed to show up here (the link on the right side of the "all forums" page):
http://forums.play.net/calendar

...then I see it not.
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/23/2018 11:05 AM CDT
Oooh! Where, and when!?

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/23/2018 11:24 AM CDT
From the calendar...

Premium W/P/S Services + Flare Adding!
When: Sun, August 26, 4pm – 5pm
Where: The porch of Firefly Villa
Description: Ledirth will be selecting ten (10) customers for W/P/S work. They'll be able to purchase up to 10 services each. Cost is determined by the potency of the item's existing properties, so quotes are impossible to provide until the item is in hand.
After that, Ledirth will be selecting 5 customers for flare adding or boosting! Acuity can go up to +30, Mana can go up to +3. Common or uncommon flares are available. Combat scripted items are not eligible.
All customers will be selected by spinner, so there is no need to camp out ahead of time!
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/23/2018 01:15 PM CDT
Heh; turns out that the calendar on the site has Sunday as the first day of the week (so "1 day of weekend + 5 work + 1 day of weekend") rather than "5 days of work + 2 days of weekend", as I have set all calendars that I ever see, anywhere. :)
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/24/2018 01:26 AM CDT
Sunday is the traditional start of the N.American Calendar, dating back to ... really ancient traditions. Businesses and Schools are catching on to the European Monday being the start of the week over the last 25ish years.

There's just nothing worse than two visual standards...

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: W/P/S and Flare Adding 08/24/2018 08:33 AM CDT
I agree with everything you've said. It just looks really dippy (to me) to have <shaded weekend day (at beginning of printed week, I note)>, unshaded days of work week, and <another shaded weekend day> at the end.

I was so glad when the calendar in Outlook turned out to be able to be set to something useful (like "planning something for both days"), and the Palm Pilot and later smartphones allowed for the same functionality.
Seriously, who wants to write their two-day event in two places? <dismiss>

Back on topic: Yaaay, weighting & flares! (I have this on [the second day of the weekend in] my calendar to try & win. :)