leather whip 04/01/2017 01:14 PM CDT
I was looking over the TWC page on the wiki in preparation to change my ranger from sword and board to TWC and noticed leather whips aren't included on the list of weapons that don't work with the skill. Are they able to be wielded in both hands now?

I tried testing it with my empath since she's the only character I have with multiple whips, but she doesn't have any training in TWC or blunts and just kept getting the no opening message for the off-hand whip. If they can be, I might have to sacrifice one of my characters I never use to roll up one that uses whips with TWC just for fun....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: leather whip 04/01/2017 01:19 PM CDT

>I was looking over the TWC page on the wiki in preparation to change my ranger from sword and board to TWC and noticed leather whips aren't included on the list of weapons that don't work with the skill. Are they able to be wielded in both hands now?

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Two%20Weapons%20Combat/view/156

Since December 2015.
Re: leather whip 04/01/2017 01:26 PM CDT
> I might have to sacrifice one of my characters I never use to roll up one that uses whips with TWC just for fun....

Heheh. I also bandied about the notion of fixskilling Naamit into TWC this year so she could dual-wield whips.
Re: leather whip 04/01/2017 01:53 PM CDT
I thought I vaguely remembered a post like that... Now I have to start thinking about what type of character to make use two whips...

Rogue and ranger seem like obvious professions for their ability to ambush from hiding... but if I could get my hands on a pair of sanctified whips (have any of those ever even been sold?), rolling up a paladin and going after noncorp undead might be more fun. Esp since leaping from the shadows with a pair of whips doesn't exactly match the image in my head....

Erf, now I'm going to be thinking about this all day...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: leather whip 04/01/2017 01:59 PM CDT
> a pair of sanctified whips (have any of those ever even been sold?)

Yep. I've gotten a few from the treasure system and Reim as well. Usually end up being (metal-material)-beaded whips. Bear in mind, every kill will be gruellingly, if not downright torturously slow.
Re: leather whip 04/02/2017 02:02 AM CDT
<Bear in mind, every kill will be gruellingly, if not downright torturously slow.>

Yer, that's why I was thinking of focusing on noncorp undead with a paladin, relying on the speed of the whips and flares from 1604 to burn through their HP as fast as possible.

Of course, no matter what form the character takes, they'll have flaring whips of some sort and be very selective in what they hunt. I know there's a good reason no one uses the weapon base and I don't expect the character to ever make it past level 30, if that far.... but then, I never expected my gnomish rogue to go much beyond level 20 and he's playing around in minos now, so who knows.

Starchitin