Claids 06/03/2016 11:01 PM CDT

Can Claids be use with TWC, i don't see it listed anywhere that they can't, but my warrior doesn't seem able too
Re: Claids 06/03/2016 11:18 PM CDT
No, no weapons requiring two hands to swing.
Re: Claids 06/06/2016 11:27 AM CDT
>Can Claids be use with TWC, i don't see it listed anywhere that they can't, but my warrior doesn't seem able too

Only if your name is Goro.

~ Methais
Bastard Swords and TWC - update 06/06/2016 02:53 PM CDT
Back in October I successfully tested a bastard sword and scimitar in TWC. Bastard sword in right hand, scimitar in left and it worked. A short while later I tried it again and I couldn't get the off-hand weapon to swing so I posted on the gswiki bastard sword cannot be used in TWC.

Out of curiosity I had to try it again.

Using two bastard swords - does not work
Using 1 bastard sword in right hand and another OHE weapon (main gauche was used in testing) - this works
Using 1 bastard sword in the left hand and another OHE weapon (main gauche was used in testing) - this does not work.

You can use a bastard sword when gripped with one hand as long as you hold it in the right hand for TWC. If holding it in your left hand, this does not work. Here's the successful test with a bastard sword (one hand gripped in main hand and main gauche in off-hand):
>at
You swing a bastard sword at a rolton!
AS: +53 vs DS: +8 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +51 = +126
... and hit for 23 points of damage!
Smooth slash to the rolton's hip!
Nice crunching sound.
You swing a main gauche at a rolton!
AS: +52 vs DS: +6 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +90 = +163
... and hit for 39 points of damage!
Nailed in lower back!
The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

-Drumpel
Re: Bastard Swords and TWC - update 06/06/2016 03:01 PM CDT

Ha! You are right, Lasindriel uses a bastard sword and a falchion. I never really thought about it, her bastard sword is always in her right hand. I swapped hands and only swung with the falchion.

Who knew!?