TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/10/2015 09:06 PM CST
The following weapons can now be used in Two Weapon Combat: Ball and Chains, Whips, Arrows and Bolts.

~Contemplar~
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/10/2015 10:03 PM CST

what about spears and how about removing the penalty on katanas? whats the point of making arrows and bolts usable for twc?
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/10/2015 10:34 PM CST
<whats the point of making arrows and bolts usable for twc?>

I don't know but I'll unleash with these on someone (whips too) :D
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/10/2015 11:56 PM CST
Any possibility of adding whipblades to this update?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 01:59 AM CST
<The following weapons can now be used in Two Weapon Combat: Ball and Chains, Whips, Arrows and Bolts.>

This makes me want to see if I can find a way to get some TWC ranks for my warrior so I can have fun with a pair of whips! Maybe a first post cap goal for my gnome to be able to go nuts with a pair of arrows too.... when he ever gets to cap...

<Any possibility of adding whipblades to this update?>

I believe this restriction has always had more to do with game lore then anything else. Never say never, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 03:50 AM CST
Pretty cool update considering some people were asking for this feature.

...not that I'm one of those people but, it's always great to see GMs taking input from players!

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 06:36 AM CST
I'm glad there was some movement on this issue. Kudos to the GMs for doing what they can.
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 07:17 AM CST
Any possibility of adding whipblades to this update?

>I believe this restriction has always had more to do with game lore then anything else. Never say never, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

>Starchitin

Other weapons were considered in this review, but many were deemed just not appropriate for TWC in Elanthia. This includes spears, javelins and whip-blades. Just as Starchitin indicated game lore supports that whip-blades are not TWC capable.

As for allowing arrows and bolts? Why not? More TWC access to weapons mean better, right?

~Contemplar~
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 07:46 AM CST
Other weapons were considered in this review, but many were deemed just not appropriate for TWC in Elanthia. This includes spears, javelins and whip-blades. Just as Starchitin indicated game lore supports that whip-blades are not TWC capable.
As for allowing arrows and bolts? Why not? More TWC access to weapons mean better, right?
~Contemplar~

Yeah! More love for some weapons that people generally ignore.

Nice update. Thank you for the reassessment on TWC weapons. Time to make use of my eonake ball and chain and eonake war hammer (or is it a mace....? I have go digging through my locker now).

Thanks again!

-Drumpel
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/11/2015 09:58 AM CST

Ok its acceptable whip blade because of lore. but why not javelin and spear? since javelin and spear is pretty much like a bigger and more durable arrow? If you could use it with a shield why can't you use it with another weapon? and Vikings actually use 2 spears in combat.
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/12/2015 12:48 PM CST

Contemplar is the man! Or woman... or, uh, whatever is politically correct to say now a days!

You've saved the lives of children! Well, probably not, but still!

Uh, there anyway I could get my Edged weapon training moved to my Blunt weapon training? Do not deny me! Or the peasants shall rise up and assault thee with a thousand whips! They shall lay their one spear upon you! They shall pierce you with their one javelin!

My character just missed his 30 day period at the beginning of December!

Do not deny me!

::raises fist::
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 12/12/2015 12:52 PM CST
Use your free fixskill.
Re: TWC CAPABLE WEAPONS UPDATE! 01/21/2016 06:17 PM CST

Is there a way that we may wear both whips? You know, one on each side of your hip or belt? It's awesome that we can wear one, but I plead that we may be able to wear two!

I don't know why people hate whips so much. I mean, nothing like fighting a grizzled warrior and then having him bleed out on you before you make your final strike!

-Cracks both his whips simultaneously.-

Thanks again for my whips!